Théoden King

They soon came upon Edoras, stopping to admire the view of the city of Rohan. It was a quiet place, there wasn't much going on besides the farmers and people's distant conversations. 

"Edoras and the Golden Hall of Meduseld

"Edoras and the Golden Hall of Meduseld. There dwells Théoden, King of Rohan, whose mind is overthrown. Saruman's hold over King Théoden is now very strong," Gandalf informed.

Alaina smiled, "And we are to cure him?"

Gandalf then smiled and turned his head towards Alaina, "Of course, my dear." Then shadowfax began walking down the hill, towards the plains of the hill where the city laid. 

Alaina looked at Aragorn and smiled to her brother before continuing after the old wizard. Aragorn and Gimli sat looking at the city one last time. Gimli looked at Legolas and Alaina who were making jokes and laughing together. "They're quite the pair aren't they?"

Aragorn chuckled, he knew they were, "They always have been." But part of him was worried that she was going to be in the situation he's in. Where Arwen has to chose to be mortal or go with her people to the West. Legolas would have to make the same choice.

Aragorn and Gimli's horse soon followed after the others, down the hill and across the plains. As they enter the gates of the city, a black flag flies down next to them, landing on the grass. They continue up, and at the top, where the castle stood, stood a woman in a white dress. Alaina noticed that Aragorn's eyes lingered on her for a moment. 

Everyone in the city was dressed in black, very sad and somber. "You'll find more cheer in a graveyard," Gimli spoke as they reached the top of the city and dismounted their horses.

By the time they got to the castle, the woman in white was gone and they were greeted by a mass of guards, led by a man who didn't look so friendly. "I cannot allow you before Théoden-King so armed, Gandalf Greyhame. By order of Gríma Wormtongue."

Guards started holding out their hands for the Fellowship's weapons. Alaina rolled her eyes, taking knife after knife out of her belt and handing it over. She then got to her elvish ring blades and took them out, softly giving them to the guard in front of her. "Protect those with your life," she threatened.

"Your staff," the leader said, gesturing to Gandalf's staff.

Gandalf's lips parted, "Hmm?" He glanced at his staff, "You would not part an old man from his walking stick?" He gave the man an innocent look.

Alaina pressed her lips together to stop from laughing as the guard only nodded, leading them into the castle and Gandalf turned, giving Legolas, Gimli, Aragorn and Alaina a wink.

He entered and pretended like Alaina was there to help him walk, putting his hand on her shoulder for support as they walked into the castle. They were surrounded by hostiles that gathered around them more and more as they went towards the king. Alaina watched as a man dressed in all black whispered to the king who barely looked like a man anymore. He looked as though he was withering away, rotting.