New Alliance

Alaina and Legolas laid in his bed in his room in Mirkwood. Alaina rested her arm and head against the elf's chest as he closed his eyes and tried to sleep.

Alaina smiled to herself and looked up at his ear closest to her, the pointed tip made her smile wider before she reached up and ran her pointer finger along the tip of the ear.

Legolas opened one eye first and she froze in spot, "Are you playing with my ear?"

Alaina giggled as Legolas turned his head and gave her a strange look. "I have done no such thing," she joked.

Legolas rolled his eyes and straightened his head out, closing his eyes once more. Something seemed to be bothering him, and therefore it bothered Alaina. She couldn't get her mind off of the Elf-woman he was looking at early in the day, her smile faded.

"Who is she?" Alaina asked nervously, her head laying flat against his bare chest once more.

Legolas' eyes instantly flashed open. He hoped it was someone else she was talking about, "Who?"

"The red-haired Elf, from earlier. The one talking to your father," Alaina specified, her eyes shutting as she hoped to hear something different from what she thought the answer was going to be.

Legolas uneasily shifted in his bed causing Alaina to look up at his face, he simply stared at the high ceiling. "Her name is Tauriel," he took a deep breath and his face became almost emotionless, "she was the one I told you about."

Alaina instantly knew who he was talking about. The girl he used to be in love with. Alaina clenched her teeth slightly, feeling awkward now. It went silent and then Alaina decided she needed some space to think things over. She rolled over and left his chest, going to her own side of the bed. Legolas instantly knew something was wrong.

He sat up as she swung her feet off the bed and stood up on the cold ground, her feet bare. "Alaina—"

"No," she turned towards him, "I shouldn't have asked a question I didn't want to know the answer to."

He sat there stunned as she began to walk around the bed, towards the door. He blinked a few times and then was up on his feet in a flash, grabbing her arm and gently pulling her towards him. "Alaina," he looked at her in the eyes, "there is nothing between Tauriel and me."

Alaina suddenly noticed how silver-blue his eyes were. And her eyes naturally couldn't help but wander the bare top-half of his body. She fell back under his spell once more, "I know," she paused, looking back up at him, "I have no reason to be angry with you."

Legolas understood why she felt that way though. He felt the same way every time they spoke to Haldir before he died. Legolas swallowed and then wrapped his arms around her neck, hers slid around his waist. 

They sat like that for a moment until they both felt it, a sudden urge. Alaina was the first to pull apart and look up at him with a fierce look on her face. Legolas knew what it was, and they both simultaneously connected their lips to the other's.

They had a connection in that moment, knowing what they both wanted. Alaina ran her hands up from his abdomen all the way to his neck, sliding her hands around it and pulling him towards her, leaning back as they continued to kiss ferociously. 

Legolas ran his hands down from her upper back (where they usually were) to her waist. That's when Legolas pulled away, stopping it all together and leaving them in heavy breaths, "I thought we were going to wait," he said softly.

Alaina shook her head, "I can't," she replied and then waited for his reaction, her lips were centimeters away from his own. 

It took him a moment to process it before he speedily put one strong arm around her waist and the other under her butt and she jumped, he caught her in the air and her legs went around his body.