Now Get Out

"Save my people," she said, and with that he blades crossed over and stabbed into the man's chest. She uncrossed them, slicing through his torso.

The Dunlendings stared at her in shock, "Fight strong, Wil, " Alaina said as the Dunlendings then charged forward, completely surrounding Alaina and Wil.

They both swung and stabbed, spun and sliced through the Dunlendings. Alaina's silky Elvish blades were now soaked in blood, along with her armor and face. But she nonetheless continued, they were no match for her determination to save her people. Whether or not her people would do the same for her.

The crowd of Dunlendings was soon diminished, and only a few were left. Wil stabbed his longsword into one of their necks and Alaina took out the last two at the same time by stabbing them both in the neck.

She breathed heavily, standing in the middle of the pile of bodies they had created. She hadn't even noticed the entirety of the camp that stood a small distance away looking at her and Wil.

She watched as a Dunlending laid in pain on the ground, holding his chest which squirted out blood. Alaina walked over and bent down next to him, the whole of her city watching. "Eg maeth ach bannen." [your fight is over] She spoke softly before putting him out of his misery, stabbing her blade into his neck.

Ilain looked horrified at the action as him and the rest of her guard stood watching with awe. Her people looked at her with amazement, like they trusted her now. She stood tall and proud as she looked over her people, "We must move, now," she demanded.

The people were instant to pack up and Alaina turned towards Wil, "You fought well," she put her hand on his shoulder, "Begin walking, I will meet up with you." She began to walk away.

"Where are you going?" Wil called out to her.

She didn't answer, she just continued on to a small river that was nearby. She was far away from the people, Adigo was by her side now, she had grabbed him on her way to the creek. She took a deep breath, looking at the nature around her.

Though the smell of blood lingered, since she was covered in it. Adigo drank from the river and Alaina crouched down by it before dipping her blades into the almost freezing water, the blood washed off of them and she instantly dried them off with a dry cloth.

She then began to wash her face, splashing water onto it. She stopped when she felt the flat side of a blade under her chin, "What's this? A Queen caught off her guard?"

Alaina smiled at the sound of Legolas' voice, "You just missed a wonderful party," she said sarcastically as he bent down next to her, she looked up at her husband, being able to see the long line of her people waking by on the top of the hill.

Legolas softly placed his hand on her chin and kissed her temple, "I rode as fast as I could."

Alaina only nodded, continuing to wash the blood out of her hair and off her armor, her mind freezing as she put the water on her scalp. "I'm just glad you're here now."

Legolas nodded, his face showed worry. "Come, we should get back," he said softly, grabbing Alaina's hand and helping her up.

She grabbed Adigo's reigns and Legolas' grabbed his horse's, they walked up the hill, joining the line of the people in the middle. She was much more welcomed now, her people smiled at her and bowed when she walked near them, "My lady," they said.

Legolas noticed it, "What happened?"

They mounted their horses and walked along the line of the people, to the front of the herd. "We were attacked by Dunlendings."