Linked

Short Chapter because I've pushed this one back twice Awkward and Comfortable were completely unplanned but they still work perfectly. Anyway this one is short because stuff picks up next few chapters and I wanted to have them all written out and set up before I start posting so Little Red will be a little dead for about two weeks maybe three.

(EDIT: I remember why this chapter is short and the comment above is only half right. I remember this chapter was really hard to write because I just didn't want to write it.)

~~~~

  Haven stared hard at the text book sized collection of Werewolf stories ignoring the puppy eyes Hunter was giving him. They’d been at the library for nearly two hours now, he thinks maybe longer considering that way the sun had sunk low on the horizon.

  They had a stack of useless literary material on the table they were occupying. Nothing in any of these books mentioned anything about his birthmark though Hunter’s excuse for kissing him hinged on it.

  “I’m sorry.” Hunter scrambled away, “I don’t know what came over me. I-I mean I do but…” He drifted off as Haven stared at him in shock.

  “You just kissed me!” Haven shouted.

  “It’s not my fault!” Hunter moved closer to Haven who literally climbed over the couch to get away from him.

  “Stay! Five feet away from me at all times!” Haven said sternly before hurrying up stairs.

  Later that day Haven did his best to ignore Hunter who was just a pouty puddle of self-loathing. Haven stared at him a long while until he just couldn’t stand it anymore.

  “Okay so what the hell?” Hunter looked over to him.

  “What?” Haven rolled his eyes and leaned back in his chair.

  “T-The kiss,” Haven shuddered. Hunter frowned and looked away.

  “It’s nothing don’t worry about it.”

  “I can’t! That’s not something you do with just, ya know strangers. I mean we’re not strangers but…You know what I mean!” Haven stood up and waved his arms around, he really didn’t know what to do in this case.

  It wasn’t his first kiss it wasn’t even his first with another guy. But damn his body never reacted like that with just a simple kiss. Hunter looked back to him but said nothing, still looking as pitiful as ever.

  “Seriously, that wasn’t cool.”

  “I think you’re my mate.” Haven froze mid-pace and looked over to the Werewolf.

  “No,” Haven said sternly the simple word made Hunter flinch.

  “It’s not like I planned it, you’re scent, your presence you calm my wolf and your birthmark…” He drifted off.

  “Please don’t tell me you’ve got the same thing because I’ve seen you…” He drifted off as the image of Hunter naked just randomly popped into his head tauntingly.

  “No, I don’t have a birthmark.” Hunter said oblivious to Haven’s train of thought jumping the tracks to a much dirtier place.

  “I just remember something from my childhood, the sun and the moon will be linked together and a black wolf will howl.” Hunter went quiet for a brief moment, not long enough for silence to settle but enough for Haven to notice it “Sings a song of might.” His voice was thoughtful.

  Hunter later explained the lore behind what he was mumbling on about and so they trekked to the library in search of more information.

  Haven had all but given up when one of the books slide from a pile he’d already looked through and fell to the floor opening at a random page. Haven picked it up and was going to close it and place it back in the pile when he noticed the heading. “The Lamb of Sacrifice; sounds gruesome I bet it’s just another stupid folk lore.”

  “We’re looking for lore.” Hunter reminded him as he looked back down to the book he had.

  “Of course I’m sitting across from a Werewolf as of late everything is free game.” Haven said as he scanned the page. It was about an old occult group that believed three saviors walked among them and were reincarnated ever few hundred years to fight off some plague that has the ability to wipe out the occults existence. Haven wasn’t taking the story serious until he flipped the page and came across a picture of his birthmark.

  “I think I found something.” Haven said and Hunter was sitting next to him in an instant completely breaking their five feet of space rule. “It says the sacrifice will be tribute to the sky above to appease the evil spirits.” Hunter said as he took the book from Haven.

  “If the sacrifice isn’t killed but rather dies of old age the brethren will be forced from their ascended bodies and return to the Earth as the animals they once were long ago.” After a pause Hunter read something Haven really wishes he hadn’t. “The sacrifice will bear the mark of a moon and sun linked together.”

  Haven looked over to Hunter both quiet and stunned. Haven’s mind was spinning, all his life he’s had the mark on him and he never understood what some cult thought it meant. No, it wasn’t a cult it was an entire species that wanted him dead,

  Hunter was one of them.

~~~~

Don't forget to comment and vote you know you want to. <3