Stolen

So as it turns out I’m going to be busy Monday through Wednesday with stupid government testing and I promised I’d have this chapter up Tuesday to the person I’ve dedicated the chapter. Post a comment about the idioticy of SBAs I’d love to hear you’re takes on it, is it necessary? I don’t think so and it wastes time when they force the teachers to ‘prep’ their students with MORE tests. WTF anyone?

(EDIT: I still hate ABA testing. But anyway, I loved writing this chapter the fairies are always fun to write.)

~~~~

  “I’ll protect you.” Hunter said before Haven could even get a word out.

  Haven didn’t believe him,

  He wanted to, he really did.

  He wanted to believe that Hunter would lay next to him in his wolf form with his teeth right by his neck and not end it all while Haven was sleeping.

  But he couldn’t,

  His self-preservation was too strong. In fact it was so strong Haven wasn’t totally sure he was in control of his body when he tossed the book at Hunter and bolted.

  He wasn’t sure if Hunter was following him or where he was actually going. His mind was just shut off during that mad dash to get away from the danger. Haven wasn’t proud for running and sure as hell wasn’t happy with how panicked he became.

  Later he thinks he’ll blame it on to much information to hand all at once and he just broke momentarily.

  When he finally came around and forced himself to stop, this consisted of him skipped to a stop and slipping on the wet leaves. Then promptly fell down a ravine and tumbling through the underbrush of the forest he found himself in.

  He was pretty sure he’d have bruises and cuts when he finally came to a stop. He was certain without even a glance down that his red jacket would be ruined as well. His lungs burned from the excursion, he wasn’t the most athletic person in his school. But he was sure anyone who ran as long as he did would be tired.

  After all the library wasn’t anywhere near the forest.

  As he stared up to the sky through the late autumn leaves and bare branches of the trees. The sun was long gone and the stars had come out. It was dark Haven couldn’t see any sign of the moon but the stars twinkled as they always did. Haven couldn’t help but listen to the light breeze and let the cool air wash over him drying the sweat and easing the ache in his chest as he took in large lung fills of the sweet air.

  Sweet, the air was sweet.

  Haven sat up suddenly with a stiff twinge of pain where he thinks he hit a few rocks on his way down. He vaguely recognizing the scent, he knew it but couldn’t place it. Something was wrong and he needed to leave,

  Like yesterday.

  Looking around he saw no flowers or any kind of plant that would possibly give off the weird nerve inducing scent. Scrambling to his feet he suddenly didn’t want to be there.

  But it was too late.

  The crashing and stomping of angry hooves were already there, speeding towards him.

  He moved turning and clawed his way up the ravine the best he could, however he didn’t get far until they were on him.

  One,

  Two,

  Three,

  Four,

  Five,