Chapter 8: Note

Her hand tightened around my throat. I gasped for air and pulled my hand to my throat. I used my long nails to pinch and scratch her as hard as I could. Be she was dead, she had no feelings.

"please" I muttered, taking another gasp of air.

"You wish I would let you go. You don't listen, spoiled brat. Bri should have killed you. You don't deserve to live."

She tightened her grip and tears started to fall down my cheeks. I looked down at her hands and saw a ring. On it, instead of a pretty stone, was a key. My eyes widened. It was a mini key.

"This game has been going on for weeks now, do you really think you're going to make it out alive. No one is living in this game, it's kill or be killed. Even if you do live, your only choice is suicide." Amanda smiled and I could feel blood clogged in my veins.

I jerked my head back, and Amanda's grip loosened. I took my hand and put it on her neck, choking her. Her eyes turned bloodshot, and she dug her nails into my neck, then let go. As she fumbled back, gasping, I stood up and ran away.

"You're not getting away from me!" The door I was going to exit through closed, and I turned around to see an angered Amanda. Her eyes were now fiery red. She charged me and I pushed her down with all my might.

She let out an angered yelp as she fell to the ground and I stumbled back. I took the knife out of my sleeve and jumped on top of her, stabbing her hand into the ground like she did to that poor girl.

She screamed and tried to fight me with her free left hand, the one with the ring on it. I took the peeler, which was pointed on the end, and pinned her other hand down. Amanda tried to king her legs around. It was useless.

"I heard cannibals over seasoned their food," I started, Amanda glaring at me. She let out groans and flailed her legs around.

"That pie was waaayyy overseasoned. I now know why. You like taking dead players, then bring them up to me. But how do you get out?"

"SHUT UP! GET OFF ME!" Amanda's eyes now lit on fire and she screamed an ear defining scream.

"Nice ring," I said as she stopped and slid it off her hand. "I'm sure it's useful." She kept screaming and calling for help as I got off of her and ran out of the room. I snuck past the kitchen and heard a scream upstairs. Good, the murderer wasn't near me.

I jogged to the door and inserted the key into a tiny hole under the door knob. I looked around before exiting.

The light was blinding and I looked up to see the metal doors. I smiled and ran up the stairs towards them. But when I tugged on the handles, they wouldn't budge.

I pulled as hard as I could. The doors clacked together, and it echoed through the hallway. I pushed the door, and they opened.

It was a push door...

When I stepped out fresh air filled my nostrils. I slammed the door closed and found a broom laying against the wall. I stuck it between the handles. I decided to ask Jasper for a sharpie and write "No Entry".

When I got up to the desk, I realized that a cop was there. He turned around and looked at me.

"Is that her sir?" The cop asked, and Jasper wildly nodded his head. He ran around the desk and engulfed me into a hug.

"Where have you been! I've been looking all over the place for you!" He asked, pulling away. I laughed.

"Oh, just trying to get out of this place, I guess." I laughed.

"Uh, Miss," the cop asked, "Why are you covered in blood?"

"Oh... Let's just say I got into a fight." I replied, trying not to look suspicious.

"I know why." Jasper quickly budded in. "Downstairs is still a crime scene, but Emily is able to help in it."

"Very well."

The cop finally brought me towards the doors leading downstairs.

"I'm sorry sir. She just went to go check downstairs, but we don't want anything going on down there at the moment." Jasper added.

"Okay, it looks like you have everything under control." The officer said, nodding his head. He turned and walked out of the building.

Once he drove away Jasper faced me with a hard look.

"Where the hell have you been!" He whisper-shouted at me.

"Calm down," I said, laughing lightly, "I got stuck in a hide and seek game downstairs. The bad kind... No one can go down there. No one. Besides, I was only gone for an hour."

Jasper's eyes widened.

"Wait. Two things. One, THERE IS A GAME GOING ON!? Two, you have been missing for a WEEK!" Jasper grabbed my shoulders and shook me a bit. I was too baffled to speak.

"We need to get the people downstairs out of there before anyone else dies..." Jasper said, scratching his stubble.

"I was gone for a week. Jasper.. oh my god! Helena is still down there!" I practically shouted, mad at myself now. Oh, she could be dead by now!

"Well, how did you get out?" Jasper said, staring at the door.

"This." I held up the ring on my finger, like a woman who was just proposed to. "See the key. It's the only key that fits in a small hole on the door. Amanda was wearing it. She was coming up here and playing. But now I can get in and out." Jasper gasped and studied the ring.

"Perfect. we can get in and out. We can get Helena, and find a way to stop this game." We walked to the door.

"You sure you want to do this." I breathed. Jasper nodded his head, pulled out the broom, and pulled open the door. We hesitantly stepped through.

The atmosphere was nothing like it was last night. Chills now traveled up my spine, and it felt like I was being watched.

Jasper's eyes widened as he realized something. I could see it in his facial expression.

"What? What's wrong."

"Nothing. It.. feels the same."

"W- what?"

"As it was as a kid!" Jasper quickly corrected himself.

"Ooookay...?" I whispered.

We walked slowly down the stairs. Jasper wasn't scared at all. He seemed perfectly fine, for that matter. Like he did this every day.

Meanwhile, my clammy right hand grasped the handle like how I choked Amanda. I was so scared, I didn't want to go down there again and risk being killed. I didn't want to have the chance of an angry teenager to kill me.

As I walked closer to the door I got an eerie feeling in my stomach, and when I reached to unlock the door I hesitated.

"I'm not sure if I want to go in there again," I muttered.

"We are going in," Jasper said strictly. He pushed open the door, then pushed me in.

This was weird... it was as if he WANTED me to get hurt...

Maybe that note... "Don't trust him" on the shower wall... was about Jasper.

But why?

^^^^^

Oh yeah, most of the new characters in this book are based off my friends. They have been so supportive, and wanted to be in the book!

So if I talk about: Jess, Bri, Chey, Bryce, or Paul (Strawberries) either in comments or here DONT GET CONFUZZLED!

Don't forget to vote and comment! 💕

~Abby