Chapter 24: Soft Eyes

*Brianne's POV*

Jessica flailed her arms around for a while before connecting them to Jasper's hand, scratching, trying to pry them off her shirt collar.

Jasper threw her against the wall and kicked her side, and Jessica slumped over. She may be a ghost but she could still feel everything.

The ring on my hand that Jessica gave me glowed brightly. I tried to cover it with my other hand but it just glowed through my skin. I peeled the ring off and threw it into the other room.

Jasper knelt down in front of an injured Jessica and I started to walk away.

"I'm not done with you," Jasper hissed, and I was frozen in place. Great, now even if I figured out something to do I couldn't. Helena needs to get back NOW.

"Poor oh poor Jessica.. you should have given yourself to the book when you died." Jasper scolded and held up her chin so she was looking at him.

"I would be with the shadows... n-never return," Jessica gave out hoarsely, and her body slumped more.

"Smart girl," Jasper laughed and pulled his face closer. A peeler appeared in his hand and Jessica's eyes grew wide.

"You can't kill me. I'm already dead!" Jessica spat in his face, and Jasper laughed once again.

"But you're mine. You always have been." Jasper smiled and placed the peeler on Jessica's light, translucent skin. She cringed as he pulled the peeler down.

I felt tears form in my eyes. I couldn't watch my friend die again. I tried to close my eyes, but they were glued open. I felt a tear run down my cheek as my sobs turned into gross, weak noises.

As Jessica's porcelain skin peeled away, a black goo started to form in place of blood. Jessica started to scream, scared at the goo pouring down her face now.

Helena fizzled into view with a limp Emily hung over her shoulder and the book. I tried to scream, but I couldn't. Helena looked over to me frozen and widened her eyes as Jessica screamed out.

"Stop! I'm not yours! This isn't real! Please!" Jessica screamed, clawing at Jasper's wrists. The peeler was down to the middle of her neck and he kept going as she bled more and more. Jessica's face, what was left, was soaked in tears, and her voice grew gravely from screaming. Jasper just smiled.

I looked back over to Helena, and her two rings were glowing brightly. "Where is the last ring?" She mouthed, and I tried to mouth back, but it was closed shut.

Emily started to blink awake and covered her ears when she heard Jessica. Her eyes grew wide as she knew what was happening, but Helena covered her mouth before she said anything.

Helena closed her eyes and focused. After a while, she made a vase in the other room fall. Jasper stopped and looked up. Jessica was already quiet, slumped over, her eyes closed. I choked back a sob and felt multiple tears pour down my face. When Jasper went into the other room I studied Jessica's body turning dark.

When I looked back over I saw Jasper standing behind Emily and Helena. My eyes grew wide and Helena mouthed 'What?'

"Nice of you girls to join us!" Jasper said all cheery, and the two jumped and turned around.

"Nice rings, Helena. Too bad you don't have the other one. I knew Jessica was training someone to know the spells, but defeating me needs much training." He let out a raspy laugh and I could see Emily start to cry.

*Emily's POV*

I looked into Jasper's eyes and he sneered down at me with a stupid smirk on his face. I felt a tear slip down my cheek, and I took a deep breath.

"Jasper..." I said, looking right at him. I could see him in there, those big brown eyes had love in them. They seemed soft for a second but then hardened again.

"Jasper's gone. Call me dad, Emily," Jasper smiled and I could feel my face go red. I KNEW he was in there!

"Jasper, listen to me!" I shouted, then took a deep breath. Out of the corner of my eye I could see Helena debating whether or not to kill him right now, but she knows it would kill Jasper too.

Jasper scowled at me. I saw him again.

"Jasper, stay strong!" I touched his arm and he jumped a bit, then pulled his arm away and hissed.

"Mr. Harmon is just so weak he knew he had to take you. He's weak! You're stronger! He would have killed me by now, but he can't..." I smirked. "Cause he has no balls."

Jasper smiled but then got angry. Before he could say anything I interrupted him.

"I mean, if he couldn't defeat the demon in his head, how could he defeat us!" I laughed and started to walk towards Bri. "He's a coward, a loser, his wife never loved him, and he killed his own daughter because he knew it wasn't his! What a wimp!" I knew it was a stretch and Helena was mouthing me to stop but I laughed.

I whipped around and Jasper's face was red and he was breathing heavily. My heart pounded but I grabbed his wrist. He tried to jerk away but I dug my nails into his skin.

Soft eyes.

And they stayed. I thought about letting go, but Jasper will heal. It could be a trick. I dug my nails more and Jasper yelped in pain.

"Emily, stop it!" He yelled at me and tried to pull my arm off him. I don't know what came over me, but I was so strong.

"LEAVE HIM HARMON. GO BACK TO HELL WHERE YOU BELONG!" I screamed and l bit his arm. Jasper yelled in pain once again, and his soft eyes were still there. He collapsed and started to cry.

Soft eyes.

I believed it was him and let go. He wiped his tears, looked back up to me, and hugged me.

"Thank you," Jasper whispered in my ears, and I smiled.

Then I screamed.

---

Plot twist?

Or did you expect it?

I want to hear from you! Please comment what you think will happen next and what you think of the story so far. Don't forget to vote if you enjoyed it!

Also go ahead and comment if you have any ideas for the next book! I have some but if yours are better I'll use them and give you credit.

Also, those who are characters in the book now (except Jessica and Bri) please comment if you'd like to be in the next book, and if anyone want's to be a new character also comment with a name and description, thanks!

~Abby