Chapter 18: Helena's Ring

I worriedly pounded against the barrier and shouted, it illuminating with every touch. Hot tears fell down my face as my body left with everyone else, back up to the survivors.

I kept pounding even after they were long gone. The other shadows started shouting and swearing at me.

"Shut up!"
"Stop yelling!"
"There's no way out"
"Give up."

I finally stopped, staring at the dark hallway in front of me. The shadows continued their whispers and such. I turned towards them and sighed. There was nothing I could do.

As I walked through the crowd, well, pushed through the crowd, There was a girl standing alone, talking to no one.

She was facing th opposite direction of me and I could just see her short blonde hair. I tapped her shoulder and she slowly turned around.

Her face was black and scared, and she held a strong frown on her face. She grinned and put her hand on my shoulder.

"Wha-"

"I've been waiting for someone like you." She smiled and then went into my body, possessing me.

"Wierd. But I'll get used to it." I said. "Let's go have some fun."

*Jasper's POV*

I pushed open Brianne's door and walked in.

"Hello, sunshine! How are you this morning my dear?" Bri looked me hard into my eyes and rolled hers.

"Terrible. I want to leave. Can I?" She crossed her arms and looked back to the TV in the corner of the room, which was now playing Once Upon a Time.

"Well," I said, moving closer to the bed and sitting on it. "No. But I do have a job for you. A very important one." Brianne raised her eyebrows at me and smiled.

"What kind of job, Mr. Harmon?" She let out a small smile and I smiled wide.

"Let's just say your hands will have to get dirty... and a little bloody." Brianne smiled and turned off the TV.

"Hmm... depends on the person Sir." Bri stood up and walked towards me, a bigger grin on her face.

"I'm pretty sure you know," I said, sticking my hand out. Brianne put her's in it and gave it a hard shake.

"Sure, sir." She smiled and left the room, grabbing her gun from the table by the door first, sliding it into the side of her pants.

*Emily's POV*

I walked through the force field , the other shadows shocked, trying to follow behind me. I took in a deep breath of air and grinned.

"Emily, I hope you are ready," I said to myself with a grin. I continued down the hallway and rose into the room of survivors.

When they saw me they gasped. Some called for Laurynn. That no good of a girl never listened to me. I smiled and walked past the weak 'elders'. My main goal was Laurynn standing in the corner of the room.

I jumped and teleported in front of her. She gasped and I smiled.

"Long time... much see." I grabbed her neck and lifted her up. She squinted her eyes and dug her nails into my hand. Surprisingly, it didn't hurt. Blood started to form but I was still fine.

"You should have listened to me, pet," I said, smiling as she started to cough and gag.

"Please-" She choked.

"Hush, pet. I should have killed you a long time ago. Where is she." I demanded, my eyes glowing.

Laurynn shook her head.

"Where is the damn girl, Laurynn. Stop with your lies. Tell me." I said, tightening my grip.

Laurynn's arms flailed for me to let her go and I dropped her to the ground. She took in a deep breath of air and muttered.

"Harmon- hidden." She made out before collapsing on the group. Her limp body took tiny breaths.

I smiled and kicked her side lightly. "Good job, pet. If this was a lie... you will never see the light of day again."

I looked to the crowd of shocked faces.

"Goodluck, my fellow players. I hope you missed me." I smiled evilly and disappeared in a cloud of black smoke.

I appeared in a dark field and I ran. I ran until my legs burned and I still ran. Behind me, I could hear screams. Tortured screams and suffocating screams.

"Emily..." I said to myself, shakily.

"Emily, you've never known so much. But you will know now. The ring, keep it, don't forget about it. Remember Helena" It was Zachary's voice again.

It was now, as I still ran and the ring on my finger illuminated, I understood what the screams were saying.

The ring is ours. Return it. You stole it. Give it NOW.

But I kept running until the screams dispersed and I collapsed on dark dirt.

^^^

Hello guys!

I honestly have no idea where this chapter went my fingers just wrote and wrote.

So, yeah!

~Abby