Chapter 11: Laurynn

"Huh, where am I?" I said, groggily. I held my head and my leg was screaming. Pain through it and it felt like it was being twisted.

A figure walked into the room. My vision was blurred so I couldn't see them until they were right next to the bed I was laying on.

"Hey, Emily!" Jasper said cheerfully, as he jumped on the bed.

"Wha-," I stuttered, "What are you doing here?"

"I came to see you obviously!" He exclaimed as he hugged me. I pushed away, as I knew that Jasper was not the Jasper I knew..

"Aw, what's the matter?" He asked in a pitiful manner.

"You're not Jasper," I replied.

"Wow, you catch on quickly," Jasper stated in a more stern tone, "Then I just came to see my daughter," He said with an evil-looking smile.

"I'm not your daughter!" I screamed and backed off of the bed, hitting my back off of the bedside table.

"You are my daughter," he stopped and looked me straight in the eyes, "and you will listen to me."

Once again, it did not sound like him. It sounded like a demon possessed him somehow. No, he was a demon.

He began to walk towards me and grabbed my shirt by the neck.

"You will obey me," He said, and threw me to the ground. Then Cheyanne and busted through the door.

"Calm down, Jasper," Chey muttered, "You mustn't hurt her. Remember?"

What are they talking about? Who's side is Chey even on! I said in my head.

"Ah, yes, sorry, Em." He muttered and picked me up to put me back on the bed.

"So, what happened?" I asked.

"Well, Bri stabbed you and you passed out from blood loss. That's why I and Jasper took you out of the game, we don't want you to die," Chey stated.

"Oh, well, thanks," I replied, shocked.

I guess they really are on my side I said to myself with a smile.

Then Jessica walked up to me. She had a smile on her face but her eyes were hard. She grabbed my wrist and started pulling me out of the room.

"Hey!"

"Shh!" She shushed me and pulled me down the hallway into the kitchen.

"What are you doing-"

"SHUT. IT." Her voice was harsh and stern. "If you do exactly what I say you will learn the truth." She whispered, letting go of my wrist. I nodded rapidly and Jessica nodded back.

She snapped her finger and a hole opened on the floor. It had a ladder leading into darkness. She pointed and I hesitantly walked towards the hole.

I slowly put my foot on the ladder and started climbing down. Jessica followed after me, her shadow darkening the hole.

After a while, I felt my foot him something flat and I climbed off the ladder. Jessica closed the hole and we were swallowed in darkness until a candle lit in the corner of a room.

I looked around and gasped. It was a room about as big as a school gym filled with hundreds of injured, scared adults and kids. Some scrambled into dark corners when we entered, and some looked over with broken pieces of wood as weapons.

I scanned the room. I knew no one here. They were all unfamiliar faces. Suddenly, a teenage girl ran up to me, wide-eyed.

"Are you Emily?!" She practically shouted. The murmuring in the room went down and all heads turned to me and Jessica. Jessica nudged my shoulder, signaling me to answer.

"Yes. I'm Emily. Uhm... who are you?" I asked.

The short girl brushed a curly brown lock from her eye. She had hazel eyes and was very slim. Her figure seemed perfect.

"Oh... I'm Laurynn!" (Character by LaurynnJones)she replied happily.

"I've become friends with Helena."Laurynn kept talking but all I cared about was that she knew Helena.

"Sorry to interrupt... do you know where Helena is?" I asked mid-sentence of Laurynn's babbling.

"NOOO..." She said sarcastically.

"C'mon, follow me!"

^^^^^

Filler guys, sorry!

Word Count: 667

I'll try to get out a longer chapter!

~Abby