Chapter 5: Locked In

I sat there staring Amanda down as she handed me a REAL glass of wine. I swirled it around the glass, making sure nothing was in it. It was just regular wine.

Amanda sat down next to me and took a sip. She let out a sigh before facing me. She was still smiling and I scooted away from her a bit. I brought the glass up to my mouth but waited a second before taking a sip. I set it down on the coffee table.

"You're going to want more. Make sure you lock your door tonight as well." Amanda gulped down a whole bunch of her wine and set the glass down, only leaving a bit left.

"But why. What do you mean by visitors." Amanda stood up and faced me. Her expression suddenly became cold and she looked straight into my eyes.

"Abby wants her daughter to make some friends." I looked away from Amanda's blundering glare, and when I looked back she was gone. I sat there in shock.

She was gone, she just disappeared. I fell back on my bed and let out a groan. I had to be prepared for tonight.

I pondered what Amanda said. I knew Abby's daughter loved Hide and Seek, but there was no way we were having a game here. The only places we had the demented game was at Harmon's house.

Helena walked in with one bag from Forever 21. I gave her a weird glare and she laughed.

"Mind I spend the night?" She pulled the contents out of the bag. Two onesies. Adult... sized... onesies. She threw me the pink one with pizza on it.

"A... sleep over. Really Helena?" She laughed again and set the bag by the coffee table. She looked up and gave me concerning glare.

"I was gone for five minutes. Two glasses of wine?" I opened my eyes and realized Amanda's glass was still there.

"Oh no. Someone... a neighbor came by. She drank hers, the fuller one is mine." Helena nodded and sat next to me, grabbing and taking a sip of my wine.

"What did you guys talk about?" She asked, handing me the wine.

"Well... she apparently doesn't exist. But she's human, she looks like one, acts like one. She isn't transparent and she is physical. She gave me wine and drank her own!" I blurted out, this time taking a gulp of wine. I really wanted to get drunk and forget all of this.

"She-she talked about something about tonight. She said how I should get drunk, and that I'd want to be sleeping well tonight... because there would be 'visitors'" Helena stood up and grabbed her own glass and started to pour wine in it.

"Did she say what visitors?" She asked, taking a sip.

I took another few gulps before setting the empty glass down. I looked up at her.

"All she said was 'Abby wants her daughter to make new friends' and that was all. She disappeared and was gone." Helena took another sip before grabbing my hands and pulling me off of the bed.

"Now now, we can get drunk. If you want all this to go away, go ahead. I will too. We want to be safe tonight." We engulfed in a hug.

Next thing I knew I locked the doors and turned the stereo on. I shifted through some junk until I found a table disco ball. I plugged it in, turned off the lights, and we cranked the music up.

As we danced I heard a knock on the door and I opened it to Jasper. He held a warm smile and handed him some boos(beer). I thanked him and closed the door.

We danced and messed around as we took swigs of cans of beer. I grabbed my phone and turned on snap chat, taking a video of Helena laughing and taking a shot. With her face hidden, I wrote "It's lit!! Glad to be home." with a kissing face and a winking, tongue out emoji. I posted it on my story and, being drunk, sent it to Violet. My mind was racing and I guess I wanted to make her mad.