Chapter 19: To Keep You Safe

*Brianne's POV*

I walked down the hallway, feeling the gun in my back pocket bouncing up and down. In the apartment was Paul, who sat bored in his room, throwing a bouncy ball against the wall back at him. He was quiet this whole time and mostly stayed out of the way, in his room.

Cheyanne, Jasper, and Jessica were all back. Jasper and Chey were happy while Jessica looked pissed off. I cocked my eyebrow at her and she shook her head, then fizzled into the air.

"Our plan is almost complete!" Mr. Harmon said giddily. I could tell it was him because of his pale skin. More and more Jasper had become him, and less frequently would you hear him silently weeping in his room.

I honestly sometimes felt a bit bad for him. He couldn't be himself and the person he loved was just going to die, and he couldn't stop himself without killing himself.

They strode into the kitchen and I crept down the stairs, trying not to let them squeak. I didn't want Mr. Harmon to talk to me. I didn't want any of them to talk to me. I didn't want to kill Emily either.

All of my actions had been the will of Harmon before he took over Jasper's body. He forced me to have a death wish for Emily, and he forced Jessica into her fate.

He was even controlling Jessica. Everyone knew the truth except Emily, and Helena was God knows where with Harmon.

Emily was such a sweet girl, and I hated acting like I wanted to go along with Harmon because I didn't. When Jasper wept, I wanted to weep too. It killed me seeing him sad.

And Cheyanne, she was a tricking shadow who would bend to anyone's will as long as it meant she wouldn't have to go with the shadows.

And Abby only managed the game because Harmon forced her daughter to play, and Abby could only watch in horror as someone killed her 5-year-old.

Then Harmon lies and says she is coming back.

We all know she isn't. Harmon had a reason to kill her... because he knew she wouldn't surrender to the book.

Everything here was lies, and now I had to be the man who went after Snow White. I had to be the man who had to pretend like I killed the woman Jasper loved.

Everything people have seen has been lies and it's so hard to live with that. If this was a book, the reader would have read only lies. (You can hear rumbling in the distance... "Not again")

Jasper sulked down the hallway and started to come up the stairs. I froze. He looked up at me and his blue eyes showed me it was the real Jasper.

"Three minutes... was the deal," Jasper muttered. He exhaled and pushed past me.

He now had deals on how much time he had to himself? I watched as he went into his room, but he didn't shut the door. I looked to him.

"Not allowed to anymore." He said angrily before retreating to his desk. I shook my head and walked down the stairs quietly. With every step, I prayed it wouldn't make any noise.

As soon as I got to the bottom of the stairs, successfully too, Jessica appeared and grabbed my wrist. She dragged me into the office and the door disappeared so it was a doorless room.

She paralyzed me and made me sit on a small wooden chair in the middle of the room. She was very serious and it was honestly scaring me. She started pacing and her face became worried.

"m-mmhm" I mumbled. Jessica snapped her fingers and I was able to talk.

"What's wrong?" I asked, very confused.

"She's coming." Jessica emphasized "she" to where it was like she was terrified of her.

"What... who is she?" I said. I started to feel hot and claustrophobic as if she was in here.

"Maldania." She muttered with anger and fear in her voice. She clenched her fists together.

"She is looking for either me or Cheyanne. Most likely me since I'm a pure ghost and not a shadow. She is the only shadow with the only ability to possess... anyone!

"I think she possessed Emily... I saw her. In the field of lost Shadows. She was running while people were chasing her, looking for Helena's ring. They have the other one. They just need another Ghost." Jessica ran her pointer and middle finger along her scarred arm from her father's abuse.

"How did you learn all of this," I asked. "You haven't been a ghost that long."

"I just learn the knowledge when I become a ghost. It just comes into my mind." She said.

"Anyways," she exhaled and continued. "They want to be invinsible. And with one more Shadow they are all released. They will cause havic." Jessica looked at me.

"You have to protect me." She said with wide eyes.

"How?" I asked, worried. I wanted to protect my best friend, but I didn't know how at all.

"This." She lifted her hand and a blue ring fizzled into view. It illuminated and glowed. "I put an invisible enchantment on it, but they found it. They want me and Emily. But me first. We are in trouble, Brianne." She looked up to me and handed me the ring. I slid it on my finger and all of a sudden I felt so powerful.

"It holds a lot of power, you just need to know how to use it." Jessica said.

I looked up to her.

"I'll teach you how to use it. Just promise me you will use t for good?" She asked. I looked at the ring and thought for a moment.

"Anything to keep you safe, Jessica."

^^^

Aww, fwiend chapter! 

Writing tip *doesn't work for everyone*: As long as you think you can stay on topic, listen to music while you write! Writing a "powerful" chapter? Listen to remixes and pop. Sad chapter? Sad music. Just let your hands type until you are satisfied. Works for me!

Well.. bye I guess :P

~Abby