Impatiently - Chapter 48

"Where are you going?" He asks, standing at the entrance to our room, watching me walk towards the pale grey door of the spare room.

"Spare room,"

"I realized, it was a rhetorical question," He mutters, "You can sleep in here you realize?" He motions into our room, "I don't hate you,"

I smile sheepishly and walk over to where he's standing, tucking my head under his chin as he hugs me. A short pause of silence fills the room and then he speaks, "I just don't want to lose you,"

"Wha-" I pull back out of the hug and look up to him,

"Ever," He says sharply, "I never want to lose you,"

The force of his arms pull me back against him, crushing me against his chest, my arms wrapping around his torso, stronger then ever.

"You won't,"

He lets out an exasperated sigh and lets go of me, walking across to the bed and jumping down onto the left side, pulling his shirt over his head and tossing is aside onto the floor.

I stand there looking at him, straight in his eyes and he stares back, "What are you waiting for?"

"I have no idea," I chuckle and slide into the bed, under the covers, "So, just because I'm an idiot and have a tendancy to ruin moods, are we still going to clear the air between you and Jamie tomorrow?"

He lets out a raspy chuckle and nods, "We definitaly are,"

"Twitter has been going crazy,"

"What do you mean?"

I lean over him and pick my laptop up off the night stand and open it up to my twitter page. "See?"

So many conflicting tweets from his fans:

As if you could do something like that?!?!?

Once again, people falling for the media's stories... I feel so sorry for you zoe!

Spoilt brat - doesn't know what she's got right in front of her

You don't deserve him.

And yet another poor girl who the media decides to take advantage of. Stay strong

"Oh Zoe, this is bad," He closes the laptop and places it back on the table, "you shouldn't have to deal with that stuff,"

"Well, I think I deserve that stuff for being so careless,"

"No one deserves to be called a spoilt brat for seeing the best friend,"

I shuffle over in the bed and rest my head on his outstretched arm, draping my forearm across his torso, "I'll get over it, I'm a tough cookie," I chuckle.

He doesn't respond but the vibrations in his chest let me know he found it amusing too.

____________________

We stand outside Jamie's hotel door, our fingers intertwined and the only sound is silence. the cream door suddenly swings open and I see jamie standing in front of me.

"Zoe! I'm so sorry," he says as he hugs me, Taylor not letting to of my hand, "I should have realized something like this would happen," He looks straight into my eyes as he speaks, almost ignoring Taylor, "You must be Taylor, I'm so sorry for causing whatever trouble I did," He gushes as he shakes his hand, "Please come in,"

We walk in and stand near the kitchen bench, still hand in hand.

"So what did you want to talk about?" Jamie asks Taylor,

"I just wanted to know that the kiss that the magazines seem to think is such a big deal, isn't a big deal at all,"

"I've tried to tell him but he said he had to hear it from you,"

"Of course," Jamie nods, "Zoe, can I talk to Taylor for a bit?"

I feel like I've been slapped across the face but I nod and turn for the door, "Come and get me when you're finished,"

I close the door and lean against the wall beside it, letting my head tip back and closing my eyes.

They'll sort it out zoe then you'll have nothing to worry about.

All of my thoughts jumble together and I wait very impatiently until they call me back in,