90. Changing with the Seasons

we're changing with the seasons but i'm shivering this winter. i miss hiding in the warmth of your embrace that used to block the bitter biting always slashing at my skin with razor blade teeth and kitchen knife tongues. where christmas lights and new year's fireworks lit the stage for nights spent sharing the same bed in the house i never found pride in. you never looked down upon the holes in the walls, i loved you for that.

we're changing with the seasons but spring has failed to blossom. it no longer tastes of sweet laughter in our bellies from days of disneyland coffee shots within our exhausted bodies. sure, the sky still moves into the same signature baby blue but it lacks the brightness i used to find in your child-like wonder eyes when you asked how they made fantasmic fantasy and i said magic.

we're changing with the seasons but the summer no longer feels like sunset memories against exposed skin. there is not one star in the entire night sky to gaze upon from your roof because i no longer occupy the space beside you. sweat coats wherever the sun decides to scorch with little reason anymore since we aren't chasing the morning with our endless rambles the way we used to.

we're changing with the seasons but we are the only thing that seemed to fall apart. for the days that bind my heart with your name, they tug on strings with sorrowful symphonies that i'm still trying to learn how to forgive myself for. winter is creeping under the door with frostbite kissing my hand in your absence. but was i not the one who also ran away from home?

and if we're changing with the seasons, i should keep a warning upon my heart for all those surrounding me; that my time zone will always be in the past, in the year we thought we were everlasting. physically i'll remain beside my company but my heart is far from present day antics wherein i try to provide a comic relief to mask what's truly haunting me. 

we're changing with the seasons and i don't know that we will ever cease to.

-

[a/n] thank you for 11k views and 1k votes! (: