Ellis ~ Friendly Fire

"Behind you!" You shouted, pointing at the spitter standing behind Rochelle. Coach shot it and it fell with a screech, an acid pool surrounding its body. Rochelle nodded in thanks to you, and you all continued on. You watched everyone's back, walking backwards the majority of the time, and had your gun trained on anything you thought would've been bad news.

"Jumping thing!" You yelled, your gunfire lighting up the still air.

"That's a jockey, (Y/N)," Nick looked back at you.

"Overalls!"

"You mean Ellis?"

"No, these are coveralls Nick."

"Not Ellis, it's the big arm thing!"

"Charger?"

"At least Coach knows what its called."

"You aren't helping me remember, Nick."

"It's not my fault you don't know the names of the special infected." That's true. Today you couldn't remember a single special infected name; it was annoying and hindered your ability to aid your teammates. You couldn't explain the loss of their names, it was like they never had them in the first place and you were trying to learn them.

"We're almost there, come on," Rochelle ran ahead of you all but got pounced by a hunter. You slowed just a little as you tried to remember its name, the only thing coming to mind being hoodie-thing. Nick kicked it off and Ellis killed it with a slash from the ax in his hands. Rochelle got back up as Ellis reached for the safe room door, pulling it open and ushering you all inside. Once in, he shut and barred it.

"Should we keep going?" You asked, looking ahead. You only saw a single common infected through the door leading out of the room, and you still had maybe half a day left.

"I'm up for it," Coach offered.

"Yeah, me too," Rochelle nodded.

"Alright, let's go," Ellis grinned and unbarred the next door as you walked over to pick a health kit off the table in the room. The white-painted wood was stained with blood, not excessively, and centered around the health kit. There was a splotch of the crimson liquid on the package as well; you tried to scratch it off, which succeeded for the most part. You spun your assault rifle around as you placed the health kit on your back, securing it with a clip.

Ellis killed the infected standing there and you all advanced forward, weapons up and ready like you were no more than 3 minutes ago. You stayed in the middle of the group, Rochelle taking the back this time with Ellis in the front. You spotted a hunter crouched in a nearby bush, looking right at Ellis as it growled lowly. Bringing your gun up to shoot it, you stopped it from touching the adorable country boy........but at the cost of shooting Ellis himself.

You gasped automatically and ceased firing as the bullet tore through his arm, blood instantly rushing out of the wound. There was a half-second pause before Ellis cried out in pain, dropping his weapon and holding his arm, the blood slipping between his fingers as it came flowing out. The others snapped their heads in his direction as you sprinted up to him, the two steps to get there being the fastest you'd ever taken, and you panicked.

"I'm so sorry, I'm so so so sorry!" You looked back and forth for something to stop the blood, and were about to use your own clothes when Coach stepped up and wrapped a bandage over the wound. That's right, your health kit! You ripped it off your back and opened it, looking for something to use.

"We should head back to the safe house!" Rochelle shouted, picking off any common infected alerted by the noise made. You nodded along to her words, as you'd all be safer, and were going to help Ellis but Nick pushed you aside to help instead. You bit your tongue, watching as Coach and Nick supported the injured survivor. After a moment you took your gun, turned your back to the males, and helped Rochelle with the infected.