Nick ~ Line Us Up Against The Wall

This was it, the last step before rescue. You had talked to Papa Gator, whoever that was, on the military radio you found on a dead zombie's body. All the 5 of you had to do was cross this bridge and the army would be waiting on the other side to pick you up and take you out of here.

"Alright, alright, alright. We're gonna stroll across that bridge, and the army's gonna take care of us," Coach said, looking relieved. All of you were, you just had to do this and it would all be over.

"Or they're gonna line us up against the wall and shoot us," Nick's scowl made everyone give him a look. He did have a point, by why on Earth would they do that? You were immune, and if the infection spread all over the world, only the immunes would have the chance to survive. It wouldn't make sense to take that from them.

"Well you're free to make yourself a new life right here in this room Nick," Coach walked up to the control panel for the bridge, hand already stretching towards the switch.

"Alright, let's go," Nick let a small hint of smile appear on his face, making you smile as well. Coach looked at everyone then flipped a switch so the bridge started moving downward. As he started telling everyone to try their hardest, nobody wanted to die now, you leaned your head on Nick's shoulder.

"Come on, why would they want to kill us?" You winked. "Two beautiful females and three muscular men, they'd want us."

"That didn't stop us from killing all those infected," he tilted his head towards the way you came, referring to all the zombies you had killed before.

"But they were already infected, we're immune." You turned to give him a hug. "We'll never be infected!"

"But will they believe us?" You didn't answer. Then the bridge stopped moving, creating a loud booming noise, and the slab of metal to connect the piece of road you stood on and the bridge went down. You gave Nick a quick kiss before grabbing your weapon and following the others across the bridge, towards the army.

You slashed all the zombies in your path with the katana which had previously been on your back. You had finally reached the other side of the bridge and you could see the helicopter waiting for you. It's blades were spinning but not enough to take off and you shouted to the others.

"We made it!" You cheered. Hoots of excitement came from Ellis and you were sure Rochelle and Coach were smiling too. Nick you couldn't be sure, but you never knew with your boyfriend. One moment he couldn't care less, then the next he was picking you up and running to the safe room, shouting for the others to keep up.

The infected seemed intent to keep you from surviving, but the katana came in handy to keep them off you. You shoved some in front of you away then spun around to chop off the heads of those behind you. You let out a grunt when one of them managed to cut deep into your side but you just kept swinging the sword.

"Pipe bomb out!" Coach yelled, which was followed by the beeping of the explosive. While the common infected were distracted you all ran for the chopper. A spitter appeared and tried to block your path with acid, but Rochelle's quick shot from her M16 made it fall to the ground in a pool of its own spit.

You hopped off the road and onto a bus, then jumped off that onto the ground, bending your knees as you landed. A tank was waiting for you, so you backed up and grabbed your gun to shoot. Nick grabbed your arm and led you towards the helicopter while the others ran too.

"We're taking off!" The pilot warned. Then Nick froze and you were yanked backwards, but before you could give him a confused look, a concrete rock landed where you were about to step. Your eyes widened as Nick pulled you with him again, more gently than the first time, and you both went into the helicopter. Coach told the pilot you were all in and the back closed, stopping anybody else from coming in (not that you wanted anyone else to come in).