1

"Simon, we can't keep doing this

"Simon, we can't keep doing this." He watched her as she lowered her head, tears falling down her cheeks. "We're tearing ourselves apart." She whispered, looking up into his tear filled eyes.

"Sagelyn, please don't do this." He told her, standing in front of her in his room. "We can get through it." He whispered, seeing her shake her head. "Sage, please..."

"I'm sorry, Si." She mumbled, tears continue to fall from her eyes. "We have to end this. We go weeks being in love and then weeks hating our relationship. We're destroying ourselves." She sighed, her eyes saddening when she saw his tears. "I'm sorry."

"Come here." He told her, opening his arms. She walked into them, wrapping her smaller arms around his thin frame. "I love you." He whispered as he felt her hiccup into his chest.

"I love you more than-" She started, being cut off by the elder.

"The moon and the stars." He finished.

She pressed her lips against his lightly for a second before she pulled away and looked towards the floor. He watched as she left, tears streaming from her eyes and her makeup smudged across her face.

His back pressed against the wall as he heard her car door slam shut. He let his head fall into his hands as he sobbed, all of his emotions jumbled. "Simon?"

Simon looked up, seeing Josh standing in the door. He walked over, sitting beside him after noticing Simon's current state. "Come here." Simon fell into Josh's arms, sobbing as the younger pat his back.

"I can't b-believe I let her g-go." He hiccuped, his voice now cracking with every other word.

——

That was the last time the boys saw Simon for a while. He still uploaded everyday, and sure, they'd see him out of his room once or twice a week. But, it was obvious he was even thinner than he was the month previous to the breakup.

His eyes were bloodshot and tired, his bags more evident than ever. He had quit trying to look nice, normally recording in a tshirt with his hair undone. The fans couldn't remember the last golfing or GTA video he was in.

All they had heard from him was the sobbing from his room through the day and the yells from the nightmares through the night.

——

Sage still woke up in sweats months later, with tears down her face and her throat dry from screaming out in her sleep.

Every morning when she woke up she picked her phone up to call him, remembering that he used to coax her back to sleep.

This morning in particular, her nightmare had been terrible. She was still half asleep when she picked her phone up and called the only guy that she thought could help.

"Hi, Simon's phone!" A high pitched voice said on the other line, and Sage covered her mouth. "Who's this?"

"Sorry, wrong number." She whispered before hanging up. Dialing Josh's number, tears began to fall. "Josh, thank god."

She heard it ring for a few seconds before he picked up. "Hey. Are you crying? What's wrong?" He asked immediately, and it made Sage miss the elder man and his fatherly ways.

Her tears soon became sobs and hiccups. "I used to call S-Si when I would have a n-nightmare. I was half asleep when I-I did it today, and a girl picked up." She cried, hearing Josh sigh on the other line. "I-I'm sorry for calling you, I couldn't think of anyone else I trusted." She whispered.

"No, it's okay." He told her. "You're still not over him?" Josh asked, immediately regretting asking as he realized how dumb the question was. "It's Ashley, if you wondered."

He heard her hiccup as she cried more. "Ashley Marie?" She whispered, and he confirmed it. "Thanks for listening Josh. I have to go."

"Sage, wa-"

She hung up, bringing her knees to her chest as she sobbed into them. Her sobs were loud and shook her entire body, and she heard her phone ding multiple times.

Messages between Simon Minter and Sagelyn Beckham

Simon Minter: I'm sorry, didn't realize she had my phone. Text me if it was important.
Sagelyn Beckham: I'll be okay, called Josh instead.

Messages between Zerk and Sdawg

Zerk: I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that, I know you're still heartbroken.
Zerk: If it helps at all, as soon as he realized she answered it he made her leave.
Zerk: He's now trying to coax what our call was about out of me.
Zerk: I told him it wasn't important to him and kicked him out of my room.
Zerk: I'm always here for you, and I'm glad you trust me. I love you like a sister, Sagelyn.
Sdawg: thank you. I love you too

Messages between Sazzy and Sagey

Sazzy: Josh told me. Do you need to call?
Sagey: I just want to cry
Sazzy: rant to me
Sagey: I miss him so fucking much. I miss his ocean blue eyes, that are pretty much grey now because he never smiles. Speaking of which, I miss his perfect smile. His perfect hair, and height, and frame. His perfect laugh. I miss his hugs and kisses and how careful he was with me. I miss how careless we were together but also so passionate. I miss that I could talk to him about anything and neither of us would mind.
Sagey: it's sad that i even miss the times where we had pregnancy scares and didn't tell anyone or the times we got stuck on the highway bc his battery died or the times where we got stuck in a big crowd in a mall and i had a panic attack and cried.
Sagey: I miss everything. I miss how he would always take pictures of me, and how he would never let a day pass without taking one. I miss taking photos of him. I miss his jumpers and wearing them. I miss his scent, and his lips, and his arms around me, and filming awkward videos together, and streaming together, and sidemen movie nights ft. me, and pizza nights, and work nights, and the book signing and the upload event, and watching him make videos from the side of his room after he told me "babe, you're in shot. Move, please."
Sagey: I'm sorry I'm such a mess.