15

It was the day of the charity match

It was the day of the charity match. Sagelyn woke up next to Simon, feeling his hands running down her bare shoulder blades. "Morning, gorgeous." He whispered, his morning voice ragged against her ear.

She cuddled closer to him, kissing his jaw lightly. "Morning, Si." Sage responded quietly. He got up, walking towards the shower. He turned around, seeing Sagelyn admiring him.

"What?" She smiled, shaking her head. She was actually thinking about how well the silver had turned out and how nice it looked on him.

They showered together, quickly getting dressed after. Sagelyn had learned the night before that one of the boys were sick, and she would need to take their place on the SDMNFC team.

She was excited, but quite nervous as she hadn't gotten all the practice everyone else had. They met up with everyone, piling onto the bus with the teams.

Simon looked over when Sage mumbled something to him, "I wish my dad could be here." She caught his eyes, seeing them soften lightly as he kissed her forehead.

"I love you." He whispered to her softly, hoping it would make her feel slightly better. She smiled shyly at him, leaning into his arms.

When they arrived at the pitch, they changed into their uniforms. "Minter 7" stood out to her and "Beckham 1" stood out to him.

They ran out onto the pitch and Sagelyn immediately looked up, seeing her mom and sister sitting next to Simon's family. She smiled lightly, standing in between Simon and another boy on their team. "Are you gonna be okay? They play rough." Simon reminded her.

She nodded, seeing his eyes advert from her's. She could tell he was worried about her getting hurt but she ignored it, knowing she could get through this game.

They kicked off, and the YTAS scored. She sighed when Simon was tripped but didn't get a penalty, and she noticed Simon's look too. She ran towards him, seeing him get up. She pat his back as she ran past him, smiling lightly at him.

She saw Simon throw the ball in about 19 minutes in, JJ hitting it towards the net with his head. The goalkeeper blocked it and she sighed once more.

It was about half way through the first half when she had the ball, kicking it over someone's head to Simon. Trying to get the ball, Will slid, hitting her ankle and sending her to the ground.

She grabbed at her ankle, hearing a whistle blow and seeing Simon run towards her. "Hey, you alright?" He asked, as he kneeled next to her, seeing her nod. "Does it hurt?" He asked, seeing her wince when he touched it.

"Yeah, quite a bit." She told him, seeing his worried eyes back. "Help me up, let's keep playing."

"Are you sure?" She nodded, grabbing his hand when he reached it towards her. He pulled her up, keeping a firm grip on her waist as she stood. She limped, but quickly patted his chest as reassurance, feeling him kiss her forehead. "Be careful, love." He told her and she nodded.