Autumn|Minami

The leaves are turning different shades of red,orange,and yellow as the new season of autumn arrives to take summer's place.

You were kind of glad that summer was over because now the temperature would start to cool down. You check the weather on your phone and it's 67 degrees. You grab your fluffy scarf and wrap it around your neck and feel the warmth take over. You put on a sweater and some comfy jeans and lay on your couch and start to watch a movie. Thinking that it was going to be a calm day you start to hear laughter from outside. Curious, you take a peak from your window to reveal Minami jumping in every leaf pile he can find.

You just stand there and watch him have fun and start to want to join him. As you look back at your tv to see that you missed a lot of your movie you give up on the idea of a "calm day" and put on some shoes and small backpack then you start to head outside.

You look at him and he still hasn't noticed you yet. Thinking of a fun way to grab his attention while he's distracted you climb the tree that is currently over him and take big leaf that is still turning orange and it's perfect to write on. You grab a marker from your backpack and write on the leaf.

"You look like a chicken nugget."
~ Mother Nature"

You throw it so it lands right on his face and he picks it off to read it. He then starts to gets really confused and mad. "I'm not a chicken nugget!!! He then walks up to the tree still not noticing you and starts to fight the tree. You can't help but hold back your laughter as this is one of silliest
things you have ever seen.

You pick another leaf and write,
"Look Up."

He looks up and he squints as the sun reaches his eyes. You watch as he adjusts to the sun and sees you in the tree. "Y/N??? You're here? I was wondering where those notes where coming from." He says trying to clear up the fact he tried to fight a tree. You climb down and Minami just looks at you. "How can you do that? One time I climbed and I couldn't get back down so I had to call firefighters to come get me from the tree like a cat."

You just imagine that happening and laugh to yourself. "Well I just climb down the same way I came up." He gives you an "oh" look. "Hey wanna help make leaf piles so we can jump in them?" You think 'if we are gonna do all this work just to mess it up then what's the point.' But sometimes things don't have to make sense. He hands you a rake and you start creating a pile of leaves, while Minami picks up bunches of them and makes his own.

You and him end up making 10 piles of leaves ranging in sizes. "Hey, what if we jump from the smallest to the biggest." You suggest. He nods and you each go towards the smallest pile. You each back up a few steps then run and jump into the pile. You repeat the process and each time seems to be more fun than the last. Your eyes then both meet the last and final pile. This time you both take extra steps backwards. "Okay, on the count of three." Minami says.
You look at the leaf pile with determination to jump in it. "One,two,three!!!" He yells and you both run as fast you could and jump in the largest leaf pile.

As you come into contact with the pile, the leaves fly everywhere and you stare at the colors as they fall back to ground. You laugh at how dumb this all is. "That was fun!!!" Minami says as a leaf falls right in front of you. You stare at the leaf's vivid red color. "Hey can I borrow that leaf and a marker?" You wonder what he'll write and take the marker out of your pocket and watch as he writes something on the leaf.

He takes the leaf and drops it on your face just like you did to him and it reads,

"You are special to me. P.S You look like a chicken nugget."

You look at him and he just has a goofy smile on his face. You push him into leaf pile again and as you look to think that you hurt him he pulls you back into the leaf pile. You go back home and keep the red leaf to remember this fun autumn day.