/•9•\

Y/N's POV

I woke up in my bed, squinting my eyes from the sun that beamed through my window. I heard the television on in the guest room next door, and realized that Max must be awake. I sat up in bed, and yawned; grabbing my phone next to me to check if anyone called or texted. I was actually looking to see if Robert tried to contact me, but there were no notifications.

"Why am I not surprised..." I said to myself, lazily getting out of bed, placing my phone back down. I walked to the bathroom, and began to take off my lacey nightgown. Putting my hair up, I turned on the warm water, and stepped into the shower.

I got out the shower in about 15 minutes, and put on some simple comfy clothes. I went downstairs to my living room, and plopped down on the couch. I let out a sigh, then realized today was Robert's birthday. I wonder what's he doing right now. He's probably having fun with 'her', most likely forgetting that I existed. I really want to go to his house, and give him a huge kiss and say happy birthday baby, but I can't. I won't, and I think I should still keep my distance. I hate him for what he did, but nothing can replace the love I still have for him deep down in my heart.

"Y/N, earth to you." Max said, waving his hand in front of my face. I snapped out of my thoughts, as he sat next to me. "Good morning dazer." He said chuckling. I giggled, then playfully hit his arm.

"I wasn't dazed, I was just thinking."

"Bout what?" He asked, and I just stared at him. "Him, isn't it." I nodded, and looked down.

"It's his birthday Max, and I really want to talk to him, but I know that I shouldn't." I said, looking back up at him.

"Well, I think you should at least text him... a simple happy birthday text shouldn't hurt." Max said. I shrugged and sighed.

"Ok, I guess I'll text him later... he's probably celebrating right now." I said, grabbing the remote. I turned on the tv, and went to HBO. Robert's movie 'The Judge' was on, and I just looked at the screen with sadness. I suddenly heard a loud crackling noise, and I looked over at Max. He was opening a small bag of Doritos, and I began to giggle.

"Where the hell did you get that from?"

"From under the sofa... I keep a bag of chips under there so I don't have to keep getting up to run to the kitchen." He said, placing a Dorito in his mouth.

"What! You can't do that, you're making my house dirty!" I said.

"No I'm not, I'm making your house convenient." He said, smiling as he chewed.

"Oh whatever. That's why your breath is gonna smell like feet." I laughed. Max turned the bag around to see the label, then shrugged.

"More like cool ranch feet." He laughed, as I rolled my eyes, and took a chip from him.

Robert's POV

I sat at my kitchen table drinking my scotch. My hand propped up my head, as my elbow was set on the table. How can a man like me have everything, but nothing at the same time? All I wanted was her. Even though I was going to throw my birthday party today, the only person I really wanted by my side was Y/N, but I have a feeling she won't be coming back to me anytime soon. I fucked up, and I fucked up bad. I knew it, she knew it, and there is nothing I can do to take it back. But there is something that can get my mind off of this shit for a while... it's something I haven't done in a while.

I got up from the kitchen table, and walked over to the drawers. I opened them, and took out two bags. One bag had cocaine, and the other bag had weed, with rolling paper. I put them on the table, and sat back down. I opened the bags, and sighed. I dumped the white substance onto the table, and opened the other bag. I reached in my pocket and grabbed my credit card. I made a line in the cocaine with the card. I rolled up the weed paper, and lowered my head. I put the paper to my nose, and sniffed. I did that one more time, wiped my nose, then rolled another paper. I filled it with weed, and took my lighter from my pocket. I lit it up, and began to smoke. I coughed a little from the sudden burst of marijuana that filled my lungs.

"Look at what you done Robert..." I said to myself, taking a sip of my scotch. Then I heard my phone buzz. I picked up my phone, and checked to see who it was. It was my love I drove away.

Y/N, received a minute ago.

Hey Robert, happy birthday! I hope all your wishes are fulfilled on your special day.

I stared at my phone, then looked away. I set my phone down and took another sip. I looked at the blunt that was in between my fingers and thought, my wish isn't fulfilled because you're not here. I rose the blunt to my mouth, and took a puff.

"Happy Birthday me." I said, taking more sips.

A/N: Sad chapter, but the chaps will get better now, I promise. I will now continue watching a bunch of Robert's movies while I eat cupcakes because it's his b-day! Please vote, comment, and share! :)

-Duckling out ^.^