Robb Stark - "I tried my best to not feel anything for you."

Your eyes wandered over the different pieces on the map of Westeros. A shiver rolled down your spine when you realized that all those pieces represented real people and that all those real people could die during one of the many battles to come.

"Lady (Y/N)?" Robb smiled when he bent his head slightly to greet you. "I wasn't expecting you in my tent tonight." He stared at you with those piercing blue eyes and though many years had passed since the two of you had met last, everything that had been there was still there.

You knew that you shouldn't be here, that you were taking risks you shouldn't be willing to take, but even though you had learned to love the Lord you had married in some way, your love for him couldn't compete with your love for the newly proclaimed King in the North.

"I hope you and your husband know that I'm very thankful for all the help and the extra men you've offered me." He stayed at a safe distance with his hands folded behind his back. He had gotten older and even though it had always seemed impossible he had gotten more handsome too.

"You know I've always had a weak spot for you, my King." Your lips curled up into a slight smile when you called him that for the very first time. You had to admit that the title suited him, even though he probably didn't realize the consequences of wearing a non existing crown. "And don't we all want to defeat the Lannisters after all the horrible crimes they've committed?"

Even though Robb kept his distance, there was still an invisible thread pulling you towards him. He had never lost the glimmer in his eyes, despite all the horrors he had witnessed and endured. He had never lost the sparkle in his smile, despite all the tears that had attempted to wash it away. "Your husband is a great warrior and it's my honor to have him by my side." Robb cleared his throat and he shifted his weight as if he was fighting all those urges you were trying to fight too. "Are you happy with him?"

You had been. Or at least you had thought you were. Until you had met the eldest Stark son again and had felt all those things your husband had never made you feel. "Not as happy as I could have been with you, I'm afraid." You took a deep breath and before you realized what was happening Robb had his arms wrapped around your heated body.

"I somehow wish you hadn't said that..." He whispered and his hand, slightly sweating, tucked a strand of hair behind your ear. He still carried that familiar and welcoming Winterfell smell around and you closed your eyes to enjoy it to the fullest. "All this time I tried my best to not feel anything for you." Robb's eyes seemed even bluer now they were so incredibly near. "Guess what? I failed." Little pearls of sweat covered his forehead while you felt his breath on your skin. "If only you had told me you were happier with him than you would have been with me..." He softened his voice and he pressed the palms of his tender hands to your blushing cheeks.

"I have never lied to you and I will never lie to you." You closed your eyes when his lips kissed yours with all the love and passion you had missed so badly ever since your father had promised your hand in marriage to the man you now called your husband.

"Would he miss you if you would stay with me tonight?" Robb kept his forehead pressed to yours and you shook your head while you wrapped your arms around his neck and kissed him again.

"I hope he doesn't."