You will beg for Mercy, you will long for death...

I looked at the scene before me in horror. It was Shahed, holding his groin and cursing me. 

I heard a few footsteps running towards me. It was my mother and her husband. "Saniya!! What happened?" Mum said between breaths... She then looked at Shahed, then back to me... The look in her eyes said that she knew what had happened here... I ran into her arms and wept like a lost child.

We were in the verandah. I was sitting, hugging my mom. Arsalan was pacing back and forth like an angry lion. Shahed and his parents were sitting on the sofa facing us. The tension in the air was so thick that it could be cut with a knife.

"There's only one solution to this situation..."... Arsalan began. We looked at him with dead eyes, waiting for him to continue. "Let's get them married to each other." He dropped the bomb...

"What?", we screamed in unison. Me, my mother and... and Shahed too...

 "Why will I ever marry a low-life like her?" That gained him a disgusted and perplexed glare from us.. me and my mother... 

"What do you mean by that?" questioned my mother. "It was you and your actions that were low..."

"Aargh! It was her. She tried to seduce me. You and your daughters are filthy gold-diggers. First, you seduced my uncle and entered this house after killing your husband; now your daughter dreams of securing her place in this mansion by trapping me..."

I couldn't believe my ears... Was he really putting the blame on me? I glanced towards my mother and her eyes reflected my thoughts.

"How dare you?..." Mom sprang like an injured lioness towards Shahed; but was held back by Arsalan.

"Don't try to cover the truth by violence. I know very well the likes of you. You wrap yourself in the veil of innocence and purity; but from inside, you are nothing but greedy bitches!" That was Shahed's mother defending him...

I was silent the whole time. I couldn't find my tongue. I just looked from one person to another like they were speaking some foreign language...

"Enough already.", shouted Arsalan. "Who gave you the right to talk to her that way? Don't forget that she's my wife, my pride and my respect. She's the lady of this house.", that was directed towards everyone and not just Shahed's mother.

 "It doesn't matter who the culprit here is. What matters is, that this incident ought to be sealed within the four walls of this house. I have a reputation to keep. I dare any of you to breathe a word of this incident, and he will be thrown out of this house once and for all..." He spat.. Reputation, ha? Of course...

"My decision is final. Shahed and Saniya will be wedded next week. Let all the necessary preparations be done in a jiffy." "But..." started my mother....

"Disperse"... Arsalan lifted his hand and stopped mom from saying another word.

Everyone glared at each other and left.

"I will make your life a living Hell. You will beg for mercy, you will long for death." 

Someone chewed the words in my ears...

 Mom had run behind Arsalan, perhaps to plead my case, while I was glued to my place.

Shahed was the last to leave. He came near me, whispered his threat and left with a smirk on his face... 

Ya Ilaahi!! (Oh My God, in Arabic). What now??