Patching Up

I silently went to Saniya's room and knocked. Once, twice, thrice.. no answer. I slowly turned the door knob and pushed open the door while balancing the tray in one hand. I peeked inside to find Saniya in Sajdah (prostration). A Qur'an was placed beside her and I could hear faint sobs. It tore my heart!

I went inside the room keeping the door open. I kept the tray on the table, picked up the Qur'an and kept it on the table as well before sitting on a chair, waiting for her to finish up.

After a few minutes, she lifted her head, wiped her tears and rubbed her hands on her face and head. She then took a handkerchief to wipe her face and clean her nose. I felt it quite cute and chuckled. That got her attention towards me. She looked shocked at first, then furrowed her brows with a confused look.

I smiled at her and pointed towards the tray. She looked at it, then at me, with the same confused face.

I sighed. "I brought you breakfast.", I said. She gasped and looked alarmed.

"Come on! I worked so hard. Wash up and come to eat.", I said, dragging each word.

She quietly got up and obeyed me without a question, still sporting the same confused face. I guess she was too tired to argue. Meanwhile, I dragged my chair near her bed and set the tray there. I sat on the chair and fidgeted nervously.

A few minutes passed before she appeared again, wiping her face with a towel. Her hijab was now a bit loose. She set it properly and plopped on the bed and finally... looked at the tray.

Her eyes lit up and she was happily shocked; I mean surprised.. and shocked.. and happy... you get it, right?

Her smile dropped as if she remembered something and sge looked at me. "What's cooking?", she asked. I laughed heartily at that. I saw her lips tucking upwards, slightly.

I calmed down andbecame serious when I remembered why I had come here.

"I am sorry, Saniya. I know I have been mean to you. I blamed you for everything wrong that has happened in the past few months. I tried to punish you for all that has been hurting me. It was selfish and childish of me, I know. Please forgive me and give me a chance to make it up to you. Please? I am really very sorry.", I said with all sincerity and looked at her hopefully.

She looke at me for a moment too long, then looked down at the tray. She drew a deep breath with closed eyes and shook her head side-to-side.

She opened her eyes and gave her famous dimpled smile while looking into my eyes. "Seeing that you brought me Kaveet jam and pasta with eggs along with sugarcane juice, I forgive you.", she said and my breath hitched.

I smiled like an idiot at that.

She said "Bismillah!" and doved in the pasta like a kid.

Did I mention how cute she was? She has a dimple on her left cheek only. That's unique, ha? The dimple is faint and is prominent only when she smiles widely and heartily... like she's doing now...

"Don't caste an evil eye on my food. I am not going to share a morsel with you.", she said, hiding the tray behind her back protectively. I decided to play along. "Oh Please Chhamiya! Don't be stingy. Just a bit..." , I said trying to reach out to the tray.

She gasped with eyes and mouth opened wide. "What did you just call me?", she asked. "What? Chhamiya! Chha-mi-ya!", I said cockily.

'Chhamiya' was the nickname I had given her when we were young. I had heard it in some old movie and somehow decided it was a modification of 'Saniya'. The fact that she hated it, made ne want to keep using it.. Hahahaha...

"You know what? You don't even deserve to smell my treat. Go now, shoo shoo shoo.", she said, waving her hands as if to a cat.

I broke into laughter and she joined in. We laughed till our eyes watered.

I cooled down and said, "Ok Saniya! I need to go to office early today. You eat up, take your medicines and rest well."

"But, what about your breakfast and lunch?", she asked, worried.

"Well.. You aren't sharing your breakfast with me... And.. About lunch.. I will do it with a client today.", I said with a slight hint of humour in my voice.

She raied her eyebrow in a silent question. I shook my head and smiled. "Don't worry, madam! I have saved some pasta for myself. I will eat it. And I am not lying about the lunch. Moreover, since mom and dad aren't at home, Aliya will be preparing the meals today along with the other cousins. You just take rest at least for today or else the guilt will kill me.", I said honestly.

She smiled at that and agreed.

I said Salam to her and left after wishing her a good day.

A sweet, satisfied smile played on my lips and I knew it won't fade anytime soon.

How good it feels to make amends! Alhamdulillah!

P.S. For those who don't know what Kaveet is.. here's a pic:-

 here's a pic:-

It's also called Wood Apple

It's also called Wood Apple. It maybe sweet or sour (like tamarind). If it's sweet, it is mixed with sugar or jaggery and eaten like jam. If it's sour, it is mixed with some salt and eaten. Saniya loves it sweet and not sour. So I chose the sweet version.. Plus, It was meant to be a 'token of apology'.

For more information on Kaveet fruit, look up to 'Google Baba'. ;)

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
I dedicate this chapter to LostSoul_Creation. That's whom I want to patch up with and apologise to.
Please comment and dedicate this chapter to the one you want to patch up with and apologise to.
I hope all friendships in the world pass the test of time and come out as one 'badass' relationship.

And ya! The pasta Zahid made is dedicated to princess_hijabi It was her suggestion.♥♥

Love you all..
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥