New Life

Author's Point of View

Everything happened in a blur then onwards.  everyone in the town, including Arsalan were made to think that Saniya was engaged since many years, and now her in-laws wanted them to get married soon. Of course, no one knew that she was actually being married to her fiance's brother!

When Saniya came to know about that, she was slightly heartbroken.  But she gathered herself because she trusted her mom and uncle. Plus she had submitted herself and her life to Allah. She knew He would always do what's best for her.

The day they took their vows, Saniya had promised herself that she would always be faithful to her husband. No matter in what situation they were married, she believed that she owed Zahid a lot and would give her life willingly for him as he had saved her from disgrace and a life like a hell by agreeing to marry her.

They were married in a simple, yet peaceful ceremony. Arsalan had seen her off like a father. They soon left to the city, to Saniya's new home.

Saniya was given the spare room near the kitchen on the ground floor. There was a Master bedroom belonging to Zahid's parents and a common bathroom on that floor.

Zahid's, Ryan's and their sister, Aliya's rooms were on the first floor. The terrace had a store room and an open space where they dried clothes.

Their house was not as extravagant as Arsalan's, but she loved it. It wasn't a prison. It was a peaceful home where a great family lived together. Saniya had visited this house a few times with her parents when she was a child. The open ground between the main gate and the house as well as the terrace would be their playground. Saniya was very attached to the Jabbar siblings. Aliya and Saniya were the inseparable duo. Ryan was always kind to her but she never got along with Zahid. Zahid considered her boring and ignored her most of the time. Not that it mattered to her!

But now, things had changed...a lot. Zahid was her husband. The roof above her head, the ground beneath her feet, the veil protecting her honor, her everything. And She would never let him regret that. No matter what she had to pay for it!