Chapter 6

"Dad I'm leaving I'll be back before nine" I said as I went out the door and towards Gaby's car. "Hey guys ready for the mall" I told Page and Gaby while getting in the backseat of the car. 

"I'm ready" Gaby said while starting the car and driving towards the mall where I and Page met during the summer.

"I'm ready as well" Page said while turning on the radio. We listened to a couple of songs in silence except for the fact that I was humming quietly. When we finally arrived at the mall we all got off with excitement and made our way to the first store which was called "humid" it had the most beautiful clothes. We walked into five extra stores and came out with fifteen shopping bags. After a five hour shopping sprees, we decided to eat lunch at a small restaurant the mall had that was called "Cavernous".

"I love this place it's delicious"Page said as we grabbed our food we had ordered and sat on an empty table.

"I haven't tasted the food here" I said as I grabbed three straws from a small table.

"The foods great I remember my mom use to bring me here when I would get certificates in elementary," Gaby said. I felt my stomach drop as I heard the word mom. My eyes began to tear up a little, but I took a deep breath and attempted to hide it.

"Yeah my mom use to bring me here every time we came shopping" Page said, but noticed me "what's wrong Hazel did I say something"

"No it's fine" I said trying to hide the fact that I just wanted to break down and cry.

"Oh I'm sorry Is it because your parents are divorced" Gaby said while giving me a worried look.

I nodded my head and took a deep breath before saying " No my parents aren't divorced my mom actually just passed away four months ago. That's the reason me and my dad moved to Averoid" I began to feel tears streaming down my face. I was going to continue when Gaby cut me off.

"I'm sorry Hazel I didn't mean to bring up your mom," she said while embracing me in a hug.

"It's fine you guys didn't know and I did not want to tell anyone," I said while hugging Gaby a bit tighter before releasing her.

"Why Hazel, were like best friends you can trust us with anything" Page said. It was quite true, they were my best friends and I trusted them.

"I know well my mom and I had a tragic car accident one day," I said and then told them everything that had happened that day leaving out the part that my mom's death was my fault.

"Hazel you are the strongest person I know If my mom had passed away, I'd be broken down, but you're here standing" Page said before giving me a small hug.

"Yeah I agree with Page you're stronger than I would have ever imagined" Gaby said while joining our hug.

"Thanks guys. Well let's head home, I kinda want to hang with my dad for a while today" I grabbed my plate and threw it away before walking towards the door. We all made our way to the car and got inside. We drove the entire way in silence, but a comfortable silence. When we arrived at my house, I said goodbye to both and walked towards my house.

As I walked inside my dad gave me a confused look and said "why are you home so early it's five"

I wanted to say a few words, but all I could do was run towards him and give him a hug before starting to cry. "I just miss her so much dad" I said and began to cry as loud as I could.

"Sweetie I miss her too. I know how hard it is for you," he said while tears if his own began to fall.

"It's just Page and Gaby started talking about their mom's and I couldn't help, but feel envious" I said and it was true. I felt extremely jealous of them for having their mom.

" I know sweetie that it's hard, but you should never feel envy towards anyone it's not a good thing," he said while hugging me even tighter than usual.

" I know dad, I just couldn't help it. Dad never forget that I love you okay" I said before walking up the stairs to my room. As I walked inside my room, I decided to change into more comfortable clothes and walk on the beach for a while.

After changing into some shorts and a huge shirt I walked downstairs and out to the beach. I decided to walk towards the left because to the right the only thing I would crash into was the public beach. I began to walk in the sand barefoot and I liked the feeling of the moist sand on my feet. I then began to think if my mom were here we would take these long beach walks together. We would go to Cavernous just like Page and Gaby do with their mom's. We also go shopping for six, seven, or eight hours straight, but this would never happen. My mom was dead and there was no altering that. I suddenly then zoomed back into reality when I heard someone call my name.

 "Hazel over here" Trey said. He was standing next to Aulani and they were walking towards me. Wonderful I totally need Trey here I thought, but dismissed the thoughts as Trey and Aulani came closer to me.

 "Hey Hazel I was actually about to leave so hey and bye," Aulani said while giving me a hug and walking away. Remarkable not only is he here, but we are here alone!

 "What's wrong Hazel you look like you were crying?" Trey asked with a bit of concern in his voice.

 "Nothing I'm fine, just missing my old town a bit" I lied. I did miss my old town and a lot, but I had moved forward from that.

 "If you say so" he said and I was going to reply to that stupid comment, but he cut me off before I could say anything "I've been thinking lately Hazel and I came to the conclusion that you and I can actually become friends"

 "Trey me and you as friends is actually going to be hard because of the fact that you're always bugging me " He gave me a small smile and continued to walk in the direction I had been walking for the past few minutes.

 "I know but why don't we start fresh like if we were just meeting for the first time"

 "Your asking for us to start over and meet again"

 "Yeah I'll stop being annoying and you stop hating me" I laughed at the fact that he actually thought I hated him. I mean he annoyed me, but I didn't hate him.

 "Sounds like a deal to me," I said in a sarcastic tone of voice. Trey stretched out his hand and we shook hands, making our new deal official.

 Me and Trey were starting over.

**********************************

READ!

COMMENT!

VOTE!

xoxo Creating My World