Chapter 4

It's been three weeks since my nightmare with my mom and Starbucks with Gaby and Page. Me, Page, and Gaby got extremely close in these last few weeks. Trey has been more annoying than ever and he keeps insisting that I have a crush on him.

Finally getting off the shower I walked to my closet and decided to wear a jean button up shirt with a white shirt under that had a quote "I am much more me when I am with you" I then threw some jeans on and a pair of white sandals. I had straightened my hair last night so I just brushed it out and applied my daily makeup, which consisted of a small amount of concealer and mascara. I looked in the mirror happy with what I saw and walked downstairs for breakfast.

"Good morning Dad" I said as I walked into the kitchen.

"Good morning sweetie, guess what?"

"What "

"This guy from work invited us to a family barbecue and I agreed on going" he said really happy. I was glad my dad had made a friend and was getting invited to hang out. "That's great Dad, I'd love to go" I said, giving him a genuine smile. "Well I have to leave Dad, I'm running late" I said before giving him a kiss on the cheek and walking out the door. I began to speed walk because I had never really been late to school and was not planning on it today.

"Hey running a bit late" Trey said as he parked in front of me.

"What do you want Trey I'm in a hurry"

"Nothing to offer you a ride to school"

"No thanks I can walk"

"Let me be nice and give you a ride or get a tardy," he said in a sarcastic tone of voice I found extremely irritating.

"Fine but there better not be a catch to this," I said before getting in the car.

"What I can't be nice" he said with his hand on his heart as if I had actually hurt his feelings. I rolled my eyes and began looking out the window to escape further conversation with him. Finally after a five minute car ride we arrived at school and I got off the car quickly only to see Page, Gaby, Gorge, and Cameron is giving me confused looks. I was ready to walk towards them when a hand grabbed me and pulled me back.

"Our class is this way" said Trey while practically dragging me with him.

"What are you doing?" I said while attempting to release myself from his grip.

"Walking to class with my buddy," he declared in a sarcastic tone of voice.

" Just because you gave me a ride does not mean that we are friends," I said a bit annoyed by the fact that he was still practically dragging me. Finally we reached our classroom and he let my hand go. "Do you see how easy that was" I said in an irritated tone of voice. The rest of the class passed by with Trey throwing papers at me and talking about how sweaty my hands were. It was quite true, I had extremely sweaty hands, but he claimed it was because he made me nervous, which was obviously not true.

After what I saw as an eternity the lunch bell rang. I walked towards my table hoping they had forgotten about this morning.