Chapter 12

I wake up to the sharp stinging light of the sun coming in through the balcony.

       How smart of me to leave the window curtains open. I throw my bed covers to the ground and check my cellphone.

      I have a text. He answered. Cameron answered.

      The text message read 'it's fine I understand'. I felt a huge relief fall from my shoulders and answered ' Thanks cam your the best'. I get up from my bed and ran down the stairs for breakfast.

       "Hi sweetie. How did you sleep?" my dad says as he makes his way into the kitchen.

        "Hi dad. I slept great" I lie. I couldn't stop thinking about what Cameron would answer or if i had even made the right choice by choosing Trey but I wasn't going to tell my dad that so I continued leaving my thoughts behind "so what's for breakfast?"

       "A fruit and a cup yogurt"

      I smile "of course" I walk into the kitchen and grab some strawberries and my cup of banana flavor yogurt. My dad on the other hand grabs a banana and a strawberry flavored yogurt. I laugh "dad we are a mess"

      "Indeed we are" he smiles but faintly and at that moment I realise that I had just said one of my mom's favorite line we are a mess. 

     "Sorry dad I didn't mean to-"

      My dad raises his hand and cuts me off "don't apologise sweetie. We can't get upset over everything that reminds us of her besides I don't think your mom would be very happy if we avoided everything that has to do with her"

      "Your right" I say "mom wouldn't like that very much"

       "She was very happy and extremely proud of you" he pauses "I remember one day she told that if she was ever to be absent she wanted me to tell you that time heals all wounds and that even though she's not here. She really is here you just don't see her. She loves you very much Hazel. As do I"

     I feel tears build up in the corner of my eyes and I am only able to say "Thanks dad. I love you guys too" 

    We eat our breakfast in silence. I guess we're both thinking of mom. At least I am.

     I finish my breakfast and walk upstairs to my room. I grab my cellphone and stare at it for a minute. I want to listen to my mom's voice even if it's only a recording. But I can't it hurts too much. I don't care. I press play on the recording and listen to it. Over and over again. Every time it ends a tear streams down my face. I hate to cry but I can't hold the tears or the pain in anymore. I'm not as strong as I thought I was. I sit there and I don't know how long it is before I slowly fall asleep to my mom's gentle soothing voice.

       I suddenly hear a ringing and I wake up to my cell phone. Trey's calling me. "Hello" I say while rubbing my eyes which are still halfway closed.

     "Hi Hazel. I just wanted to make sure we were still going to have dinner today?" he says. He sounds a bit tired or maybe it's just me.   

       "Yeah" I say "we can still go to dinner. Unless you changed your mind?"

        He laughs a bit "no of course not. I'll pick you up at six?"

       I look at time and I have an hour to get ready. "Yeah that's good" I say while getting up from the floor and stretching out my legs which are numb.

     "Okay."

      "Okay." I stay on the line for a while and listen to his breathing which is calm and steady. I finally i decide to hang up because I'm wasting time and only have an hour to get ready.

------------------------------

       "Your such a dork Trey" I say as we walk into a restaurant. Theirs lights all around the place and everyone inside seems to be enjoying themselves.

      He laughs and for the first time i notice his smile is honest and attractive. "I know I'm dork but I just can't help it" he says while putting his hand out for me to grab.

     I take a moment but then decide to grab his hand which is warm and comforting. I smile at him as we make our way to the table he reserved for the two of us. He pulls my chair and gestures me to sit. "Thanks" I feel my blood rush to cheeks and butterflies build up in my stomach.

      "Your welcome" he says " do you like the place?"

      "Yeah it's quite beautiful"

       " I knew you would like it. Want to know why?"

       I look at him a bit intrigued by what he just said and answer "Why?"

        "Because it's beautiful and the environment always feels happy. It reminds me of you" He grabs my hand and smiles. I smile back at him and tighten the grip on his hand.

     At this moment i know I couldn't have made a better choice. Trey and me are getting closer each day and I'm happy our friendship us growing.

   We sit there laughing and enjoying each other.

------------------------------

       I give Trey a quick hug before walking inside my house. I close the door and find my dad on phone. "Hey dad. I'm home" I say before making my way to the stairs.

     "Wait Hazel! Cameron is on the phone and he's pretty upset" my dad says with his hands crossed over his chest like he's angry.

      I then realise I forgot to tell my dad not to mention that I was going to dinner with Trey to Cameron. I look at him and say quietly "he's mad because I choose Trey over him and your mad because I didn't tell Cameron the full truth"

     "I'm not mad sweetie but Cameron is and I believe you owe him an apology" He hands me the phone and walks up the stairs.

     I take a deep breath and finally say " Hi Cam"

    "Hazel why didn't you just tell me you already had plans with Trey?" he says but not in an angry tone of voice but in a hurt one.

     I want to say I did already have plans with Trey but that's not the truth. "the truth is you asked me to go to dinner first and then Trey did and-"

    "Wait what!"

     "Cam I couldn't say no to Trey"I say a bit quietly as if that will make things better.

     "Okay but you said no to me and then you didn't even tell me why you said no?"

     "I didn't want to hurt you"

     "I think it's a little too late for that. I would have rather if you have been honest with me in the first place." I want to answer but he doesn't give me a chance to. He hangs up and I feel guilty for not have been honest with Cameron.

*************************************

A/N: Hi guys! What do you guys think about Hazel saying no to Cameron and yes to Trey. Then the dinner was cute. Trey and Hazel are getting closer and closer each Chapter. I hope you guys liked my new updated and see you on the next update which will be sooooonnn!

READ!

COMMENT!

VOTE!

xoxo Creating My World