Chapter 9

"HAZEL! Hurry up sweetie Trey's here" my dad yelled to me from the bottom of the stairs.

       "I'm coming" I said while walking down the stairs. My dad and Trey both smiled at me which caused me to blush a little. "Well I'll be back later dad" I said while hugging my dad and walking out the door behind Trey.

      "Where are we going Trey?" I asked as we walked into his car.

       "To go eat breakfast"

        "I know that but what place or where?" I asked in a sarcastic tone of voice.

       "It's a secret"

        "I hate secrets" I said while giving him a sad tone of voice.

          "I'm not going to tell you even if you throw a tantrum"

          "Please I don't like not knowing where I'm going"

          "Still not telling you" After ten minutes of driving through streets and store Trey finally turned off his car ignition and said "we're here"

         "I recognise this place I drove by it the day me and my dad came to town for the first time"  I said recognising the stores and restaurants.

          "Have you been into any of the restaurants before?"

           "No only to the mall across the street with Page and Gaby but that's it"

            "Great your going to love this place" he said while walking into a small restaurant called Chillies. It smelled amazing inside and was actually quite beautiful. Their was from a couple of teens drinking coffee and studying on their laptops which made the environment seem friendly and kind. Trey noticed I liked the placed because he smiled and said "this place is nice isn't it?"

          "Yes I love it"

         "I'm glad you love it because I do to" I gave him a huge smile because it was yet another thing we had in common. Trey ordered for the two of us claiming he knew what the best plate in the place was. I meanwhile found an empty table to sit at. I choose the table near a window so I could look outside and see the beach from a distance which look simply beautiful. "Here you go" Trey said while sitting in the empty chair across from me.

      "Thanks it looks delicious"

       "Oh it is give it a taste" he said while digging into his own plate. I smiled at him because this was the first time in a while that I was enjoying his company to the fullest. The exact moment the food fell into my mouth was the moment I had tasted probably the best soup ever. My dad had always tried to make soup but his

soups never seemed to come okay he always either put too much salt or too little. This soup was pitch perfect in taste.

      I closed my eyes enjoying the sweet delicious taste of the soup. When I opened my eyes the only words that came out were "wow this is amazing"

      "I told you it would be"

      "Yeah but I didn't think it was this good"

       "You should never underestimate someone's especially my taste in food" he said with his hand over his  chest pretending to have been hurt deeply.

       I giggled at his over dramatic moment and said in a sarcastic tone "I'm so sorry I did not mean to insult you"

      His crooked smile appeared on his face and he answer a simple "it's fine"