Chapter 2

After a week of living here in Averoid, I haven't stepped one foot outside my house. Me and my dad have been missing our old house extremely, but I have made up my mind that I will walk around town today for the first time. I finally got up from my bed and stripped myself from my clothing only to hop into the shower. After a ten minute shower I walked into my closet and chose to wear a red and blue flannel shirt with some jean shorts. I finished the my look by putting some black combat boots and french braided my hair to the side. I glanced at the mirror happy with my appearance and went down the stairs for breakfast.

Reaching the final step I heard my dad from his room "Hazel are you walking around town today?"

"Yeah Dad, but only for an hour or two, " I said and then walked into the kitchen to grab a yogurt and an apple for breakfast. Ever since I was younger me and my dad have always eaten a yogurt with some kind of fruit for breakfast. Finally, after finishing both my yogurt and apple I headed outside the house. When I opened the door, I noticed how hot the weather was. I then realized that I had only brought a few summer outfits and needed more. I was prepared to walk inside the house when I remembered of a small mall with my dad and I had passed when driving towards the house the first day we came. Finally remembering the exact location of the mall. I began to walk to where I believed it to be. After only a ten minute walk I reached the small mall, I had seen the day I arrived to Averoid, opening the door and walking inside I found a store with some summer outfits that called my attention. I stood outside the door for a minute deciding if I wanted to walk in or look for another store.

When I was about making my decision I felt someone poke my shoulder from behind, I turned around to see a petite girl around my age with extremely long blonde luscious hair. She had blue eyes and a huge smile plastered on her face.

"Hi, my names Page and I heard you were the new girl in town and I just wanted to meet you" Page said while shaking my hand really quickly as if she was nervous.

"Hi Page I'm Hazel, " I said a bit confused with her friendliness. In LA people were not this nice and they definitely did not just walk up and shake your hand.

"Hazel, that's a gorgeous name, I like it " she said, but before I had a chance to answer she continued, " I know this may seem weird, but do you think we can shop together?"

"Um, thanks and sure we can shop together, I have no friends here "I said and she grew a smile on her face while walking into the store. After two hours of walking around and laughing with Page, it was time for me to go home.

"Hazel before you head home you should give me your number so we can text and stuff" Page said while pulling her phone out of her back pocket.

"Yeah, sure" I answered and gave her my number.

"Thanks and I'll text you on Monday so you can hang out with me and my friends at school, " she answered, but walked away before giving me a chance to state anything. I doing the same turned around and walked towards my own house. I liked spending time with Page and I had bought around nine more summer outfits. Finally reaching my front door. I walked in and saw my dad with a photo album.

"Hey Dad, what's that In your hands?" I said while putting my bags on the floor and walking up to him only to see he was holding my mom's photo album. I felt tears start to build up in my eyes and my stomach begins to hurt. I remember my use to love taking photos, of everyone and everything.

"When you take a photo it's like your freezing reality" she use to say with this excitment in her eyes that made you realize just how much she loved pictures.

"Why are you looking at these?" I said as my voice began to break.

"I just missed her and decided to see her" he said while whipping the tears off his face and continued "but I guess I have to accept the fact that she is gone forever"