Chapter 17

"Good morning sweetie" my dad said while climbing up the stairs to help me.

      "Good morning Dad"  I say with a smile.

     "How's your foot doing?" We finally reach the last step of the stairs and I made my way to the kitchen.

      I sit down on my usual morning seat and answer his question "my foots doing great I think I might even be able to start walking sooner then expected" I throw my dad a huge smile hoping he will agree but he doesn't.

      "No" he says sternly "you won't be walking until the two weeks have gone by. I was actually asking because they offered me to go sell some houses in a town three hours from here and I would have to spends five to six days there"

      "That's amazing news dad" I say full of excitement "when would you leave?"

      "If I take the offer I would have to leave today"

      "What do you mean if" I say "of course your going to take the offer"

     "Not if you don't promise me to take care of that foot" he looks at me seriously "and to sleep down stairs in my room while I'm gone so you don't need to climb the stairs"

     I put one of my hands in the air and my other on my heart "I promise" I say "to take care of my foot and to sleep down stairs and not go up the stairs for any reason"

    "Okay then" he says while getting up "but call me every night"

     I laugh a bit and say "I'll call you every single night"  He gives me a you better look before giving me a hug and walking out the house door. I sit there eating my cup of yogurt in silence. After ten minutes my phone rings and it's Trey calling. I answer "Hey Trey"

     "Hey Hazel I'm right outside your house"

     "I'm heading out right now" I answered while grabbing my crutches. I hang up the phone  and make my way towards the front door. I open the door and carefully step outside and begin making my way to Trey who is standing in front of the passenger door of his car. He opens the door for me and I smile at him gratefully.

    He makes his way to the drivers seat and gets in the car. He turns the radio on and Talking to the moon by Bruno Mars begins playing.

     "I love this song" I say while turning the volume of the radio higher.  He shakes his head and begins driving. I turn the radio off once the song has ended. "My dad told me today that he's going on a five day business trip" I say "and I'm worried because I don't want something to happen to him"

   "Hazel your dad will be fine. Don't worry so much" I feel anger rush through me. Don't worry so much! If I would have worried more for my mom she probably would still be alive! COOL DOWN HAZEL! He has no idea what you've been through and he didn't say it with that intention.

    I shake all those thoughts away and  say "your right I should stop worrying so much"

    "Yes" he says "are you going to stay alone at your house?" 

    "Yeah. I guess I'll just hide from my thoughts with a couple of America's next top model episodes"

     "If you want we can hide together?" he says with a smirk on his face.

    I laugh because it's the only way to hide my nervousness and say through my laughter "where would we hide?"

     "Under the bed" he says sarcastically.