Chapter 14

I suddenly begin to hear a buzzing and think it's my alarm clock but today's Saturday. I open my eyes and stare at the roof for a minute or two before finally answering my phone "Hello"

     "Hi Hazel it's Trey. I need you to get ready" he answers "but don't ask any further questions all information is confidential. I'll go pick you up in ten minutes"

      "Wait what are we doing?"

       "I said no questions Haze. I'll explain everything in the car" with that he hung up the phone and left me more confused than ever. I let out a small grunt and got up from my bed. I put on some jeans and a huge black hoodie. I grabbed some black vans and walked to my mirror. I put my hair in a side braid and applied some real quick mascara with some BB cream cover up.

     I walked down the stairs and into the kitchen. "why are you up so early?" my dad said a bit confused.

     "Trey told me he was coming to pick up and I had no other choice but to get ready" I say "and not because I didn't want to say no but because he hung before i could"

      My dad laughs and shakes his head at me "I can't believe today is your first day being a seventeen years old"

      "It doesn't feel much different " I reply and honestly it doesn't because for one my birthday was just yesterday and I only turned seventeen.

      I then hear a knock on the door and smile at my dad. I give him a quick hug and a kiss on the cheek before making my way out the door.

     I open the door and walk out. "Hi Hazel" Trey says while walking to his car. I walk behind him and sit down on the passenger seat while he makes his way to the drivers seat.

     "Hey Trey. Are you going to tell me where we are going anytime soon?" I look at him  hoping he will tell me but I know he won't. At least not yet.

     "Nope it's a surprise" 

     "I thought so. Can you at least tell me what the surprise is for?"

      He laughs as if what I had just asked was silly. I look at him confused by his laughter but he explains "it's the rest of your birthday present. I was going to take you yesterday but we didn't have time so I'm taking you today"

    I nod in response and decide to look out the window hoping to get a clue of where were going.  We pass a couple parks and stores on the way but nothing that will tell me where we are headed. Suddenly Trey parks in front of some restaurant but it seems to empty. "What are we doing here?" I say.

     "Your surprise is inside" he says while making his way to front door. I follow him and begin to feel excited as the thoughts of possible things that could be behind that door come to my mind. I wait anxiously as he puts the key he has in the lock. He noticed how excited I am because he takes his time opening the door just to bug me but I shrug it off.

       Finally after what seems like an eternity he opens the door to the most amazing birthday present. The restaurant has huge poster with my name on it and theirs millions of balloons everywhere in different colors. He has a karaoke machine set up and only one table with two chairs in the center. The restaurant has candles that brighten up the place and theirs a huge set of roses on one of the chairs by the table. I smile at Trey and I want to thank him but the only thing I can do is run towards him and give a huge hug.

     "Do you like it?" he says holding me by the waist. His eyes meet mine and he has that smile of his written across his face.

      "It's amazing " I say "How you even do this?"