Chapter 16

I wake up to my alarm clock buzzing in my ear. Yesterday when my dad arrived he took me to the emergency room and the doctor said it was only a sprained ankle and that i was to use crutches for two weeks. I grab my neatly folded clothes that I chose last night and put next to my bed so that I could dress with out having to get up. I put on my clothes and use my crutches to get to the restroom and fix my hair. I throw my hair in a bun and just apply some mascara and eye concealer to hide my under circles from lack of sleep. I make my way to the stairs and yell "Dad can you help me get down the stairs?"

"I'm coming sweetie" he answers and makes his way up the stairs. He grabs my crutches with one hand and he holds me by the side with the other. I use the support of his body and the handle of the stairs to my make my way down the stairs carefully.

"Thanks" I mumble. I hate depending on someone to get down the stairs but I don't say anything. I don't want to make my dad feel bad for something he shouldn't so I just make my way to the kitchen without saying a word.

"I'll give you a ride to school" my dad says as he walks into the kitchen.

"Yeah. Thanks dad"

"Your welcome sweetie" he says "I know you hate depending on people but have Trey help you at school"

I nod in response and just eat my yogurt in silence. After a while my phone rings and it's Trey who's calling. "Hi Trey" I say a bit serious.

"Hey I'm outside your house I wanted to see if you needed a ride to school" I look at my dad and he nods at me which lets me know he doesn't mind if Trey takes me to school.

I smile at my dad and answer "Thanks Trey I'll be right outside" I grab my crutches and begin making my way to the door but yells back "I love you dad"

"I love you too sweetie. Please be careful" my dad answers from behind the kitchen door.

"I will" I say and with that I close the door and make my way to Trey's car. Trey opens the passengers car door and helps me in the car. "Thanks Trey" I say while giving him a small smile

"Your welcome" he answers "what did the doctors tell you about your ankle?"

"it's only a sprained ankle but I have stay off of it for two weeks"

"I'm glad that it was only a sprained ankle" he says with a huge smile on his face. I smile back at him and turn the radio on. We drive the rest of the way only listening to the music but suddenly my brain begins to think. I think about last night. To be more specific about what was almost going to happens last night.

Trey was about to kiss me but Aulani had to call him! Wait stop yourselves Hazel! You don't like Trey. Do I? No. Trey and me = FRIENDS. Nothing more. Suddenly Trey speaks and I jerk back into reality "what's wrong Hazel?" he says

"you look out of it"

I feel cheeks turn red and say defensively "Nothing" Trey just nods in response and I feel bit bad. "I'm sorry" I say "I didn't mean to be rude"

"it's fine"

After a couple minutes of silence we arrive at school and I get off the car as fast as I can to try and avoid getting any help from Trey. I hate depending on people. I thinks I've said that twice today but I think I'll need help from Trey to get to first period considering the fact that my class is upstairs.

"Give me your bag I'll help you" Trey says while removing my bag from my back carefully. I give him a light smile and the thought of how close he was to me yesterday flashes through my mind.

"Thanks" I say "but I think I'll need some help going up the stairs"

"Do you give me permission to carry you?" he asks seriously and then cracks a smile letting me know he's kidding.

I shake my head and say "of course not I'm independent women"

Suddenly I feel him grab me by the waist and pick me up. I shriek a little but then begin to laugh. He laughs with me but says " just grab the crutches while I carry you up the stairs"

"Put me down" I say " or I'll begin yelling that I'm being kidnapped"

"Why so all the girls in the school can be jealous of you?" he says sarcastically.

"No. Just put me down. Please" I say while laughing.

"Your wish is my command" He finally puts me down carefully at the top of the stairs. I push him lightly and begin making my way to class.

------------------------------

"Hazel what happened to your for?" Page ask while I make my way to my lunch table.

"I sprained my ankle last night" I say "but theirs more important things I have to tell you and Gaby about last night"

They both give me a intrigued look and Gaby finally speaks "What happened?"

"Let's go somewhere else I don't want anyone to hear" I say "it's about Trey" They both then follow me and I make my way around a building and make sure no one's there before saying "Trey and me almost kissed"

Both theirs eyes widen and they let out a small shriek. "What do you mean almost?" Page says "Tell me you did not deny him"

"No of course not" I say and look around just to be sure no one is around before finally continuing "what happened was that I fell down the stairs and began screaming because my ankle hurt like a punk and Trey tried helping me up but I couldn't move my foot. So he carried me to the sofa and when he put me down my foot touched it and I felt a lot pain"

" So I pulled his shirt out of instinct and it caused him to lose his balance and almost fall on top of me. Then ours met and he started getting closer but before he could kiss me his phone rang and he answered it"

"What! that's sucks" Gaby shouts "he should have kissed you then answered the phone"

"yeah I agree with Gaby" Page says while laughing.

"No" I answer" me and Trey are only friends and nothing else"

"Then why did he almost kiss you" Page says while rolling her eyes playfully.

"I don't know" I say " but I think you guys might be right when it comes to my feelings"

"Your admitting you like Trey" Gaby shouts while jumping in excitement.

"okay I'm done acting. Yes I like Trey and every time he's around me I feel happy and an immense amount of butterflies in my stomach" I say "but the only bad thing is Trey probably doesn't like me back"

"Are you serious" Page says while giving me an annoyed look "I don't know a single guy who plans a surprise party but only takes him and the birthday girl. Not only that but he bought at least three dozen roses and he made you slow dance with him. If that doesn't mean he likes you then I don't know what does"

Gaby gives me a she's right you know look but I just shake my head. We finally drop the subject and make our way back to our lunch table.

-------------------------------

"Hazel sweetie wake up" I hear a voice say. I open my eyes and see my mom walking down the street. I run towards her but she disappears before i can get a hold of her.

"Over here sweetie" my mom says and I turn around and see her standing in an intersection. I feel fear running through me as I see a car making his way towards her.

"Mom move" I yell but she just stands still. I see the car getting closer and closer but before he hits her I open my eyes and see the roof of my room. I feel tears on my cheeks and my heart pumping as fast as it possibly can. It's just a dream Hazel I say to myself and take a deep breath before finally closing my eyes again.

************************************

READ!

COMMENT!

VOTE!