Chapter 23

I wake up to the sound of my alarm clock ringing in my ear. I stare at the roof for a few moments before getting up and walking to my bathroom to take a quick shower. I undress myself and take a ten minute shower. I then walk to my closet and decide that I'm going to dress nice for school today and not give Trey the satisfaction of looking like a disaster. So I grab a black and white flower skirt with a white tank-top and some black flats. I then do my makeup which consist of BB cream cover up, black eyeliner, mascara, and a bit of red lipstick. I grab my blow dryer and dry my hair before curling it into loose big waves. I stare at the mirror and smile happy with my appearance before grabbing my bag and walking down stairs.

"Good morning dad" i say while walking into the kitchen and grabbing my fruit and yogurt of the day.

"Good morning sweetie" my dad says "you look beautiful today"

"Yes I'm not giving anyone the satisfaction of seeing me made a mess" I say a bit harshly "but thanks dad"

"Your welcome sweetie" my dad says while shaking his head "I'm amazed at how much you and your mom are alike. She would be saying the same thing if she was you right now"

I smile at my dad and I'm glad me and my mom are alike it makes me feel like she's still here with me somehow. "I have to go dad I love you" I say while giving him a big hug.

"I love you too sweetie" he says "call me if you need anything"

"Okay dad" I yell back before walking out the door. As soon as I look up i see Trey's car parked in front of my driveway. I feel anger rush through me but decide to ignore it and just continue walking. I walk right past Trey's car without even glancing at him but I don't get very far.

"Hazel wait" Trey says while getting off the car.

"What do you want Trey?' I say as calmly as possible because if I don't control myself I feel like I might explode with anger.

"I just want to explain"

"Explain" I yell "explain what? how you kissed her? no I'd rather not know"

"Hazel please just let me talk"

"No I don't want to hear anything you have to say"

"Please Hazel" he says "its all a misunderstanding"

" A misunderstanding" I exclaim "Trey don't come at me with bull I know what I saw and you didn't seem to not understand what you were doing if I do say so myself "

"Hazel you don't understand what happened was" he says but i cut him off I don't want hear any of his excuses.

"i don't understand" I say "no the one who doesn't seem to understand is you. I don't want to see you. I don't want to talk to you and I sure as hell don't want any of your dumb excuses. Why don't you act like you don't know me. Act like we never even met"

"Hazel I can't do that"

"Yes you can" I say on the verge of tears "because you sure as hell were not thinking about me when you were kissing her and you know what I don't even know why I'm wasting my time here. I have to go school before I'm late"

"Hazel Please" Trey says but I don't listen I just continue making my way to school. I take deep breaths to stop my tears from falling and ruining my make up. After ten minutes of walking I reach the school campus and spot Page, Gaby, and Cameron smiling at me.

"Hi guys" I say while walking towards them.

"Hi Hazel" Cameron says while giving me a hug "how are you?"

I take a deep breath and answer "I'm fine"

"You sure do look fine" Page says while looking at my outfit.