Chapter 27

I opened my eyes to the sound of my cell phone ringing and answered it without checking who exactly was calling "Hello"

    "Hey Haze" a familiar voice replied "I hope I didn't wake you up"

  "It's fine Cameron I was dying to wake up anyway" I reply sarcastically "but what do you need?"

   "I was going to invite you to a new bar that's opening up, " he said and I could tell by the auditory sensation of his voice that he's excited about this.

   "A bar" I stated, confused "I don't know Cam  I've never been in a bar before and besides I'm only seventeen" 

   "My cousin is the owner so he'll let us in" What is Trey going to say about me and Cameron going to a bar alone? I don't think it's a good idea "Don't worry about what Trey will think because Page and Gaby will also be coming" I think he can read my mind

   "Well, in that case, then fine ill go, " I say while getting up from my bed.

   "Okay, I'll pick you up at eight" 

   "See you then, " I say with a grin on my face.  A bar sounds like a fun place but it can also be dangerous. I hope I made the right choice on going and I simply hope my dad will let me. I'm about to walk down the stairs when I hear my phone ring again and I grab quickly. This time I check to see who's calling and it's Trey.

    "Hi Trey, " I say with a huge smile plastered on my face. 

   "Hi Hazel" he answers, "I wanted to see if I can come over"

   "Of course, " I answer, happily "at what time?"

   "At around four" 

   I check the time and notice its 12:10.  Great, that gives me plenty of time for me to convince my dad on letting me go to the bar with Cam, Page, and Gaby. "That's perfect" I answer while running into my room. 

   "Okay, see you then" I hang up and throw my phone on my bed. I then run towards my closet and grab a sweater and some sweats.  I'll get ready later I think while putting on my ratty clothes. I walk down the stairs and find my dad on the sofa. I sit down next to him and smile. 

   "Hi daddy" I said while hugging him. 

   "Hi Hazel" he says a bit confused "what has you this happy in a Sunday morning?"

   "Nothing, " I say sarcastically "I'm just in a good mood"

  "Okay, spill it, " he says while giving me a fake look of doom. 

   "Fine" I say in defeat  "Cameron invited me to the opening night of his cousins place"

   "And you want permission to stay out late, " my dad says while cutting me off.  This is your chance Hazel I mean your not lying your just not telling the full truth besides your not going to get drunk. I mean it's only to have some fun with a couple of friends that's it. 

    "Exactly" I lied, "I just wanted to ask you that" 

    "Well the answer is yes, as long as you're careful" I smile at my dad and give him a big hug before walking up stairs and into my room. I then decided to lay down for a few minutes and just think.  I honestly don't know what I'm going to do today. I mean I just lied to my dad and I have never done that before. I guess is was not exactly a lie, but a half truth and although it's not any better it makes me feel less guilty in a way. Anyways, I just hope Trey is fine with all of this. I then grab my phone and check the time it's 12:50.  I take a deep breath and decide I can nap for a while. I unlock my phone and decide to set an alarm for 3:00. I lay down in my bed and within five minutes I'm gone.