chapter eleven: let the games begin

"let the games begin"

tw: violence & abuse(y/n)'s house

(y/n)'s house

you lingered on the bed, the weight of your father's gaze pressing down on you like a boulder, the safety of your thoughts offering a weak shelter from the storm brewing in his stare. your voice cracked, barely louder than a whisper, as you tried to speak.

"um..." the words barely made their way out as you fumbled for a plausible story."we met at a friend's party at the beginning of the term..."

your father didn't look impressed."oh."

when you arrived home, he had already retreated to his bedroom, where he always hid away from the world. he lay there, stretched out on the bed, immersed in the glow of his tablet screen. every night, before he could even think about sleeping, he expected you to massage his legs. it had become a ritual, a task he demanded without asking, so his body could rest easy.

"so what happened to that other boy?" he mocked, the corners of his mouth twitching in a twisted smile."thought you two were in love."

a cold wave of discomfort crawled up your spine.

earlier that day, your father had called the school, wanting to check on your grades, but instead, the conversation had shifted. a teacher had unwittingly mentioned your 'new boyfriend,' and the news had obviously piqued his interest.

"you mean, jean?"

"i mean, well, yeah."

as you finished massaging his legs, the air between you thickened, his satisfaction palpable as your discomfort grew. you shifted slightly, hoping the conversation would end.

"we were, but i guess we just grew apart."

his smirk widened, unnerving in its insincerity. his focus darted back to his tablet as he scrolled through the pages. he didn't believe you.

"you wouldn't be lying to me, would you, (y/n)?"

his question, felt more like an accusation, prompting you to inch away, pursuing safety in the expanse of the bed that suddenly felt too small.