Chapter 4

To abide by the rules of denial is to loose hope of seeing light in complete darkness. One must first accept the fact that they are dawned to loose or win. But one must also embellish themselves with hope and belief.

I awoke in the wee of the morning. Still my hand laid on hers like a blanket. She shifted as I stretched removing my hand from hers. I watch her as I go back to my original sitting position. I just want to know how to help her. I want to find out before she is released from the hospital. I sigh and stood up. I look at the clipboard with her information on it. She needs a cast for her arm and her index finger. Looking over her file infuriates me.

How? Why? I glance at her again before walking out. I make my way through the hospital to find my superadvisor. Maybe he'll know what to do. I finally make it to his office door. I quietly knock on it. "Come in", I open it and slowly walked in closing the door behind me. "Jackson! Goodmorning, Man you look terrible ", I halfly smile. I-I need to ask you a question sir, He motions for me to sit. "Well sit then laddy ", He said in his terrible Scottish accent.

I sit. Well I need help...,  I trailed off. "Jackson talk to me haven't seen someone so tongue tied since watching Jersey Shore ", I chuckle nervously. Ok....What would you do if there was a child you know who gets constantly abused and no one helps?, He looks at me confused for second before he answered. "Well you could report it to Department of Children and Families and they'll investigate it and put her in foster care ", Foster Care?,Uhh is there any other option?, "You could adopt.... Jackson why are you asking this? "

I need to save this girls sir, "What girl? ", I need you to promjse me you won't judge me, He looks at me crazily. "Why would I judge you? Jackson you're scaring me ", Sadie My patient... I think I want to adopt her,  "Woah woah woah, You mean Sadie Kennedy? ", I nod slowly. "Jackson, You can't save everyone ", I know sir I just want to save her, "I know you feel obligated to because of what happen to Am-", Amber has nothing to do with this sir... That little girl gets abused at home! No child should! For God knows how long this has been going on! Mr.Manning I need your help, I give him nothing but pleading eye's.

He sighs. "You're a twentysix year old man wanting to adopt a seven year old girl, are you sure? ", Yes I am very sure and serious as a heart attack, He stays silent. He looks at me then speaks. "Alright Jackson I'll help you ", I sighed in relief.  "But know adoption isn't easy ", He quickly added. I know sir and I'm ready to fight for her...She needs me, He nods. "You're a good man Jackson Amber would be so proud", I smile.  I miss Amber so much.

After talking for a few more minutes we planned a meeting with an adoption lawyer. Hopefully God will be on my side. I walked to the cafeteria to get Sadie's breakfast then walked back to her room. She was just waking up when I walked in.Morning Daisy!, (My nickname for her). She giggled a little. "Morning applehead! ", I laughed. She may be in pain but her smile surely covers it. Are you hungry?,  She quickly nods. I chuckle and helped her lean up in her bed and gave her, her tray. 'Thank-you Michael", I nodded and watched her eat. Sadie I'm going to check on my other patients think you'll be ok?,  She nods. I give her one last smile before heading out...

To Be Continued....