Chapter 30

∽Authors Note: Hello there. Before I start, I just want to apologize for the long wait for an update. I know it is annoying to wait for the next chapter in a story but, when you're writing more than one at the same time, thing's become hectic. Therefore I'm creating a schedule for certain story updates. You will see through updates how that will operate. Anyways, I also want to thank YOU for reading this story! It feels incredible, knowing people enjoy a little idea that became word's. I honestly didn't plan on taking on this story for So long. But here we are at chapter 30! All thanks to YOU! Well, I've dragged you through enough boredom. Here you are... Chapter 30!

Why does a simple mistake make one coward to the truth? Why is it So hard to say: "I messed up. I'm sorry.", ? Instead of telling her forwardly, I reject her ruthlessly. By no means can I be angry at her for mutely cutting her eyes at me. I just hope that when I explain to her the situation, she would openly understand. I just hope so.

"How do I Look daddy-o?", Sadie asks, twirling in her maroon sundress. Turning away from my laptop, I take a glance at my little princess. The maroon frilly dress compliments her ivory skin perfectly. Blushing harshly at my silence, she let's out a small giggle of appreciation. "Well I'm glad the king approves.", She beams, twirl away. I watch her amusingly.

I love that girl so much. I thank God every night that he chose me to raise her and give her the love she deserves. Turning my attention back onto my research, I scroll down another page of facts. I'm researching bulimia and thyroid cancer. Though very distinct from each other, they are nothing common in the hospital. I find it resourceful to always search up forums on theses epidemics. It gives me more knowledge on each one.

Just as I was ending my research for the night, Olivia's catches my eye. She's also decorated in a lovely sundress, but her strapless dress is tainted tangerine orange instead of a dark maroon like Sadie's. Looks like I'm the only one not fully prepared for date night; I'm still in my casual clothing. "Are you not taking us tonight?", She asks in the middle of my thoughts. Taken back by her natural tone, I slowly nod.

Olivia hasn't talked to me all last night or all of today. I knew she was peeved so I left it alone, but I'm happy she's over it. "I am. I was just catching up on some research.",-"Oh okay.", She simply replies, continuing on her route. I sigh to myself. She's not fully over it. I don't even know how to tell her. Standing from the desert bar, I gather my notes and wander off to prepare for 'date night'.

Within fifteen minutes, we are all prepped and ready. Bill is steadily on his way, so this gives us more time to do any last minute touches. This also gives me time to talk to Olivia. I need to construe everything in a way she will understand.

Taking up on my open chance, I slip into the library where I am positive she is. She love's the library here. I think she may love it more than she love's me; I'm perfectly fine with that.

I spot her lost in one of her favourite novelist; Sharon Draper. Smiling to myself at my sneakiness, I tip-toe behind her. She's comfortably perched on a leather recliner, contently staring into the book. Once I'm behind her, I hover over her silently. Part of me wants to let her enjoy the book, but another part says it's now or never.

"She has great books doesn't she?", I speak softly, leaning up before she could attack me. In one swift movement she marks her place in the novel and swings at me. I chuckle at her failed attack. "I didn't mean to scare you.", Glaring at me, she grips at her chest trying to calm herself. "That. That isn't funny Michael.", She scolds, regaining her composure. Feeling a little guilty, I walk over to her and peck her forehead. "I'm sorry. I just need to talk to you.", I apologize, stepping back.

She exhales, reclaiming her seat on the recliner. Knowing I should begin construing before Bill arrives, I carefully sit on the edge of the coffee table behind me. "About yesterday night... I didn't mean to... To reject your kiss. It's just...", I pause, searching for the right word's. Olivia's body language reads calm and poised, but her eyes tell a whole other story.

"Something happened at the hospital, that made me leave earlier than scheduled...", I continue, playing within my nail bed's. "Michael... Just tell me.", She replies rather impatiently. Taking in another breath, I spill all.

"Simone... She wanted a hug, then she... she kissed me. I pushed her. She ran. I called Bill. I swear I didn't mean to let it happen. I didn't mean to cheat...", I conclude, choking over most word's. Olivia gives me a long hard stare before giggling. She rises from the recliner in a fit of giggles. Confused by her amusement, I remain silent. Noticing my confusion, she gestures for me to follow her.

I silently obey, taking her hand. "Michael, First I want to say Thank-you. Thank-you for telling me the truth.", She expresses, her giggles still active in her voice. "Second, You did the right thing love. You didn't cheat, she came onto you and you rejected the behavior. So I can't be mad about that.", She explains, leading me out of the library and down the hall. "And lastly my dear Michael... ", She lulls, ending our trip in the frontier of our front room.

"I love you too much to give up on us so easily. Even if you did cheat, I would try to working it out. I know where your heart lies Michael, cheating and wrong doing isn't you.", She concludes, pecking my lips. Breaking the kiss she call's for lady Sadie, because Bill has arrived finally.

Though I am elated that Olivia trusts me this much, I am disappointed by her word's. I know she meant no harm by them, but they really are sticking to me.

"I know where your heart lies Michael, cheating and wrong doing isn't you." .

Am I That predictable? Am I That boring? I never acknowledged that fact about myself. It has never been brought to my attention until now. Maybe it's true?

"Daaad.... Let's go! You've been staring into space the entire ride! Come on! I'm hungry!", Sadie exclaims, tugging at my arm violently. Falling back down into reality, I quickly apologize for spacing out before exiting the car along with Olivia.

"Are you okay love?", Olivia asks worriedly. I nod. "Yeah. I'm fine.", I falsely confirm, forcing a smile as well. Reluctantly accepting my answer for the sake of Sadie, Olivia pecks my lips and continues towards the restaurant...

To Be Continued... 

Vote. Comment. Share!