Chapter 26

"I have a father... ", She gawked. Sadie turns to Olivia as I stand. "And hopefully a mother...",  She said hugging Olivia. Olivia giggles and glances at me. "That's up to your father here...", She teased, winking at me. I blush looking away....

That night, the world seemed well in orbit. It felt good knowing the glacier has been broken. That doesn't mean we aren't going to have snowflakes here and there but, it gives hope to our future to come. Knowing Sadie has finally accepted me as her father, warmed my heart. Even more so when she turned to Olivia and gave her the invitation of the mother role in her life.

Our puzzle is still being put together but it will be well worth it. This morning I decided to get up extra early, like I would if I had a  morning shift. Olivia is still fast asleep, so I carefully slip out of the bed and continued out of the room. When I emerged from the bedroom, I quietly jog down the stairs and into the kitchen. My honest reason for waking up so early is to check on Aiden. Poor kid, I can only hope thing's went well for him.

I check the time on the stove. It is exactly six in the morning. Not bad at all. I usually wake up earlier. I search for the telephone. Sadie usually hides it somewhere around the kitchen. She says it helps me with my laziness. I of course remind her that I am a doctor, therefore there is a difference between being tired and being lazy.

I finally spot the cordless phone behind the toaster. I chuckle to myself before picking it up. I think up the number to the hospital before punching in the numbers.

*"Hello... Open Arm's Hospist, This is June speaking... ",

"Uhh Hey June, It's Dr. Jackson. I was calling to see about a patient I was treating yesterday night..."

"Uhh... Okay, Name please? ",

"Aiden Daniel Glover "

"Hmm, What's your ten digit I.D number?",

"Umm 7...4...0...9...1...9...1..8..4..2..0"

"Okay Mister Jackson...Umm Sidebar has been listed in critical condition... and Is currently on life support... ",

-Sigh- "Can I see him?"

"You're the doctor... I guess...Just don't tell anyone... ",

"Okay, Thank-you so much June! I love you woman! "

"Ha-ha, You are welcome Michael... Please being Sadie! ",

"I will...See you in a bit..."

"Okay..",*

I toss the phone behind the toaster and carefully jog upstairs. I hope I can see him. I know he's scared. Not to mention the fact that his parents hadn't even shown up. I slowly enter my bedroom. Olivia was still very fast asleep. I smile, watching her. She's so beautiful. I love watching her sleep. A human being at rest is a magnificent thing.

After a long minute of gawking over Olivia, I began to freshen up. Along with a nice warm shower, I applied a reasonable amount of Cologne to my clothing. Once finished with preparing myself for the day, I again slipped our of the room to wake Sadie.

Once I reach her bedroom door, I poke my head through the crack. "Lady Sadie?...", I whispered, slowly entering. Sadie mumbles something inaudible. I chuckle and walking towards her bed. "Lady...It's time to get up...I want to take you some where... ", I whispered shaking her lightly.

She sleepily swats at my hand's. "Nooo... ", She groaned, turning away from me. "Come on Sadie.... get up...", I teased, tickling her. She fights giggles as She swats at my hand's more violently. "Oh my God... Da-", I stop and cover her mouth. "Shh let's just go...Get ready...", I whispered removing my hand from her mouth. She gives me a side ways glance.