Chapter 21

Discipline. A word that is repetitive in The parenthood world. It supposedly comes with practice. Sometimes it's second nature. As for me it's like taming a wild tiger. They always follow their instinct. Meaning taming a wild beast who is already full of it's own knowledge, is mutually impossible. That's how I feel about raising Sadie.

Sadie and I have been through trails-literally, but this one has to be the toughest. With her being so strong minded, and me being so lenient, thing's such As discipline just doesn't work. Bill says to put my foot down. So I do it; doesn't work. Olivia recommended this book about child psychology. I read it and it helped; somewhat.

I finally gave up after three month's of trying. And during those three month's I not only had to deal with Sadie's disciplinary issue's, but also her coming of agent issues. It's so mind boggling at times. I will admit I sometimes question why did I adopt her? I mean I never thought out how my life would change and hers as Well. I never thought about the late night heating pad frenzies or the mood swings. I didn't even think about health insurance. I just wanted to save my friend.

Now after five year's, I have still yet to realize that I'm a father by choice. Some days I pray, begging for guidance. Button as long as I have Bill and Olivia for support, I think I'll be just fine.

"Sadie...please come clean your doll's out of the living room, you know Olivia and Bill will be here  any minute.. ", I reminded her as I set the table for the third time in an hour. Sadie gallops downstairs humming. I walk to her. "Now please... ", She sighs. "Okay, okay I'm going Michael... ", I smile. "Thank-you and please hurry..", She nods and gallops off.

After checking to see if Sadie did as I asked I walked upstairs to talk with her. "Hello? Can I come in?" I asked knocking softly on her bedroom door. "Yeah come in!", I chuckle and slowly entered. Sadie Was glancing at her shelf on the wall in front of her."What you doing kiddo? ", "Nothing thinking of a game to play.", I nod and sit on her bed. "Can I talk to you?", "Suuure... ", She turns around and walks to her bed plopping beside me. I smile and hug her. "You know I love you right?", She nods. "And you know it's okay to love others right?", She nods happily.

"Yeah like I love you and Bill!", "Exactly! See I think I love someone else, just like I love you and Bill.. ", She furrows her eyebrows. "Like who?", I hesitate. I'm scared to tell her. I think Sadie has a jealousy problem. "Michael... who??", She asked impatiently. "Olivia... I want to ask her to be my girlfriend... ", "I thought She was your girlfriend? ", I nod. "Well kind of...I just want to make it official we have been dating for awhile... ", Sadie doesn't respond. "So...uhh, what do you think?", Sadie hops off the bed and walks back to her shelf. "Sure..", She said nonchalantly.

I opened my mouth to say something but The doorbell rang. "Well thanks for understanding.. come downstairs when you're ready", I hop up and quickly jog down the hall descending down the stairs. Once I reach the front door. I catch my breath And open it. "Hey Bill...h-hey Olivia... ", Olivia smiles and waves. "C-come in...", I stammered still staring at Olivia who was in a beautiful spring cocktail dress. Bill chuckles as He walked past me. Olivia thanks me as she walked in.

"So where's my favourite little devil?" Bill joked poking me. I chuckle. "Umm upstairs.. Sadie! Come downstairs please! ", I yelled walking Olivia and Bill into the living room. Sadie emerges a few minutes later. "Hey uncle Bill!! ", She exclaimed running up to him. He smiles and hugs her. "Hey there my little trouble maker.. ", Sadie giggles. "Hey there Sadie!.. ", Olivia chirped walking up to Sadie. Sadie gives her a small smile. "Hi... Olivia... ", Olivia frowns. Bill notices the sudden mood change in the atmosphere. "Umm Sadie, why don't we freshen up for dinner? " Sadie turns to him and nods.

As soon as they are out of sight Olivia turns to me. "She hates me...", I shake my head in disagreement. "No,no,no baby she doesn't hate you..", Olivia's smile widens. "Baby?" I feel my face burning. "Is that okay?", I asked referring to the pet name. She nods. "Yes... if I can call you Mikey Bear? ", I nod. "Can I ask you something? ", "Mmhmm", I take in a deep breath and take her hand's. "Three month's we have been dating and already you have become a vital part of my life...now I want to ask, will you be my...my girlfriend?... ", Olivia giggles. "I thought I already was after that late night phone conversation.. ", She teased biting her lip.

I am completely flushed. This is why I like her. She's very charming. "Awe Mikey...you're blushing... ", She cooed giggling still. I sigh playfully. "Yeah I figured at that point.. I should hurry and make her mine...so that become more than just talk", I flirted winking at her. "Oh God what have you done to my Mikey?.", I shrug. "He's here...but is that a Yes?", She nods and leans to kiss me. I hear someone clear their throat. Olivia and I turn to see who it is. It's Sadie clearly unhappy. "Umm... I'm hungry... can we eat now?", I nod and release Olivia's hands. "Alright let's go eat", I glance back at Olivia with an apologetic smile. She forces a smile as Sadie drags me off...

To Be Continued....