Chapter 31

Natalie's POV

They're kissing. No, they're more than kissing, they're making out. Ross and Michelle are making out on the couch. He's on top of her, without a shirt.

It took me a minute to process what if just saw.

"How could you?!" I scream running downstairs

"Crap. You need to go home. Now." I hear Ross tell Michelle madly.

He runs after me but I slam my door in his face.

"Natalie. Just hear me out."

"Why? You were on top of her. You didn't even have a shirt on." I say through my tears.

"She kissed me fir-" I cut him off.

"Don't even say that she kissed you first. You obviously didn't stop her." I yell at him.

He starts to talk, but I don't pay attention to what he says. I grab a bag and throw some clothes in it. I find the plane ticket that my grandma got me when her and Juliet left.

I open my door and Ross is still standing there.

"You know what Ross. Save it. If you don't want to be with me. I get it. But it's your loss." I say pushing past him.

He grabs my wrist and stops me from walking.

"Natalie, I do want to be with you. I don't know what just happened."

"No. You don't or you wouldn't have kissed her back. I should've known that this wasn't going to work. I'm leaving."

"Nat wait."

"You wanna know something Ross?" I say starting to cry again. "I said yes when you asked me out thinking that you were going to be different than all the other guys. But it turns out I was wrong. You're like all the others."

I run out the door and go to the airport. On the way there, I call my grandma telling her I'm coming back.

When I get to the airport, I text Stormie.

Hey Stormie, thanks for being there for me, I'm going back to Ohio. I'll probably be gone for a week, two at the most. Ask Ross what happened.
Thanks again <3 Nat.

I get on the plane and listen to music the whole way back. I cry when an r5 song comes on, but listen to it anyways.

When the plane lands, my grandma and Juliet are already waiting.

I run to them and hug Juliet.

"Nat, what happened?" She asks

"Ross cheated on me. I need a break from him." I say wiping away tears.

"Sweetie, I'm so sorry." My grandma says to me.

"I'll be fine. I just need some time."

We go to her house. Nothing has changed since the last time I've been here.

I put my stuff in the room in staying in and text Maria. I tell her everything.

(M-Maria, N-Natalie)

...
N:So that's what happened.
M:I can't believe he would do something like that.
N:Me either. I thought he was different.. ;(
M:So did I. You can't blame yourself though.
N:I know. Do you wanna come over?
M:Sure. See you soon.

15 minutes later Maria gets here. We just catch up. She tries not to bring up Ross, but everything comes back to him.

"Maria, there's something that I've been wondering for a while now." I say.

"What?"

I take a deep breath.

"Does Alex have a girlfriend?"

"No. I've seen him at school and he doesn't seem the same since you've left. I think he still likes you."

"Wow." I couldn't say anything else.

Maria's phone rings, she goes into the other room and answers it. She comes back 2 minutes later.

"That was my mom. She wants me home. We need to hang out again before you leave. All of us." She says hugging me goodbye.

She leaves and I tell my grandma I'm going out and don't know when I'll be back.

I have to go see Alex.