Chapter 50

Ross' POV

After the beach, me and Nat went to bed. We just went into her room, we were so tired we were running into things walking to her room.

About 5 minutes after we get into bed, we're both asleep.

~~

I wake up around 8:00. Natalie's still asleep on my chest. I put my arm around her and play with her hair. She smiles.

"Morning babe." I say kissing the top of her head.

"Good morning Ross."

"Sleep good?"

"Yeah. Did you?" She asks.

"Yep. It's the last day before mom and dad get home, what do you wanna do?"

She thinks for a minute.

"We can go swimming?" She suggests.

"That sounds good."

"Um guys." Riker says walking into her room. "You should see this."

He turns on her tv and changes it to the news.

"A prisoner escaped from jail this morning. Sources say that he is trying to find his ex-girlfriends family. If you have seen this man, call the police immediately." The reporter says.

The picture of the prisoner is shown on the tv. It's Rob.

Natalie gets closer to me when she sees the picture.

"It's going to be okay. We're not going to let him hurt you again." I tell her.

"I called mom and told her." Riker says, "she said that they'll try to get home earlier, but until then, we can't let Nat out of out sight."

Riker leaves and we get up.

"You still want to go swimming?" I ask her.

"Yeah. We should invite everyone else to join us." She answers.

I go upstairs to change.

On the way back downstairs I tell everyone that they should come hang out with us. The more people around Natalie, the better.

~~

"Ross!" Natalie screams, "put me down!"

I'm holding her bridal style about to throw her into the pool.

I reached the edge of the pool, she screams at me again. I ignore her and jump in; still holding her.

We resurface and she splashes me.

"I'm not talking to you anymore." She says turning away from me.

I laugh.

Riker, Rydel, Ratliff, Rocky, Christina, Ryland, and Katy all come outside.

"Is it okay if I invite Meghan over?" Riker asks.

We all say yes. She arrives about 10 minutes after he calls her.

"We should play volleyball!" Rydel says grabbing the volleyball from the shed.

We set up teams and play.

When it's Natalie's turn to serve, she hits it a little too hard and it goes over the fence into her backyard next door.

"I'll go get it." She says getting out of the pool.

"I'll come with you." I say

"Ross, I'll be fine. Nothing's going to happen to me, I'm walking 10 feet away. But thanks for caring so much." She says kissing my cheek.