2: First Undercover Job

"Ready to get your hands dirty?" Murphy comes over to me later the next day.

I eye him standing up from my desk. I felt good when my lieutenant took my idea of him going under cover in the cell the get more info off of Flash, so of course I was eager to see what today held. "What do you have in mind?"

"Undercover. You'll be my newest wife, Mrs. Jeffries."

"Let's do it." I say the same words he said the night before, "what are we going after?" I ask.

He and Olivia explain to the rest of us how we are going to go undercover to go after a man who claims his viscous awful writings of murdering a child are just fantasy. The man has an art gallery tonight in Manhattan, we need to move fast to make sure we get him before another boy is hurt. I get dolled up in a white dress and put my hair into a slick ponytail. We get wired and head off into the gallery. We walk the pictures, all black and white, all of little children. We see the women, his wife, close near us so we begin to play our parts further, "Oh, honey, I love this one. This is my favorite in the whole show." I ooze to him, like I've never seen anything so gorgeous before.

"It is striking." A women comes over to us.

"Is this your gallery?" My fake husband asks her.

"No, the photographer's my husband." She smiles back.

He puts on a shocked face, "you're married to Simon Wilkes? Is he here? I'd love to meet him."

"Oh, that's great. He's right over there." She points to her husband, about ready to move over towards him to introduce us.

Declan gives me a little squeeze so I ask the wife, "you know what, do you have a catalog I can look at?" I ask her, wanting to let them be left alone.

I raise my eyebrows with a big smile towards my fake husband and he tells me "whatever you want, baby, just get a price."

"This way." His wife takes me to the side and Declan moves towards Simon, I spend the rest of the evening talking with his wife about photography that is over rated and over priced.

The next day Declan plays the recording he got of him and Simon in the bar talking about a plan to the ADA, Barba, "that's it?" He asks once it's over, "sounds to me like you're flirting with entrapment." Barba turns his attention to Murphy, "you brought up procuring a boy."

"He didn't shy away." Murphy reminds him. "He was the one that brought up using boys for more than just sex." Murphy turns to me "did you get anywhere with the wife?"

I shake my head, "big blind spot, she adores him."

"She's a sicko too." Finns chimes in.

"Tell me that at least Wilkes has a record?" Barba asks.

"He stays under the radar." Olivia tells him.

"Except when he chats about boys in the school yard he wants to torture." Amaro adds on.

"We do not indict people for just imagining things." Barba reminds everyone in front of him, "show me a substantial step, we'll have a different conversation." He goes to walk away but stops before he turns fully "Nice to meet you Ms. Grey, I've met your father, brilliant man." He gives me a firm head nod then leaves the room.

"Lawyers think too much." Murphy says once he's gone. "This Wilkes is bad news. Go back to Gordon. Get us something more."

Later that night I get a text with an address from Benson. I take a taxi over there and am met with multiple cop cars lit up and officers and detectives moving in and out of the building. I flash my badge to the man at the door and quickly meet everyone inside. "What the hell is this place?" I ask once through a regular looking room and then in a makeshift torture chamber like one.