22: Getting More

After the line-up came back 0-3 we weren't feeling good about this case. I get the report back from the M.E I sent out and go quickly to find Benson to tell her, knowing that Finn and Carisi are interviewing someone right now. "What do you got?" She asks me as I walk in.

"It's not him.' I say solemnly.

"The DNA came back that fast?" She asks surprised.

I shake my head "no. Before running the DNA, I had the M. E. check blood types, old school. But mercy hospital has Dr. Conklin's on file as O positive. All the DNA from Atlanta is from somebody AB." I explain.

She turns from the window as Finn and Carisi start to come out "it's still his car."

"Yeah." I say back.

"Hey, sarge." Carisi comes out ready to speak his thoughts "our rapist is methodical. He's meticulous. This guy's a mess."

"I know. It's not him." She tells them "but it's still his car."

"Not to mention he's a pill-pushing lowlife." Finn adds on.

"Yeah, which means he probably loaned his car to another lowlife and now he's covering for him." I offer food for thought to the team.

"So go back in there and you sweat him. You find out who had access." He tells the two of them. "Check hospital garage security footage. Find out who was driving that car."

After Finn and Carisi go back in, they don't get anything out of him that can further help our case. The two of them head out to the garage where the car was to talk to the attendant and I work with Rollins on the tapes. We manage to find the car leaving the garage and get the photo enhanced. We put it into our facial recognition program and head home for some sleep.

We get a text from Benson informing us on her call from Chief Dodd's. He's coming into the station at 10 for a report. She fills us in on her court date time and asks us to take over until she arrives. Once Dodds gets there promptly at 10 we begin to review our case slowly, wanting to reveal other evidence we found overnight to him when Benson is also here. Luckily she's only about 10 minutes late and walks in quickly. "Hey, guys. I'm sorry I'm late."

"I told him you were on your way." Rollins says to her.

Dodds snarls back "no problem. We started without you."

She ignores him and asks "what do we have on our suspect?"

I pull up the security footage "hospital security footage caught Albert Beck, no record, EMT for red alert ambulette for four years. His supervisor called him a hero and he was decorated for heroic action after the Metro North Derailment last year.

Rollins continues "and after finishing his graveyard shift, he returned an ambulette to the garage an hour before the assault on Ryann Catalano."

"And he was caught on video driving Conklin's car." Dodds states then questions "why isn't he in custody yet?" His voice is stern, obviously pissed.

"It's his day off." I tell him. "Finn and Carisi are on their way to his home address in Queens right now."

"Okay, can we place him in Atlanta or Milwaukee?" Benson asks, knowing we want more then just the security footage.

"Yeah, we can." Rollins hands her the tablet. "He was an EMT in Atlanta from 2007 to 2009 and then Milwaukee the next two years. This ambulette service gives him a perfect cover to troll for victims."

"And then he moves to New York, where he lives for four years without incident, and then suddenly starts raping again." She shakes her head wondering why he stopped "why now?"