29: Caught

I lay on the cot with Sonny on top of me as our mouths explore one another's. My hand runs through his blonde coiffed hair and I lightly tug at the bottom of it. In return he bites my lower lip, sending chills down my body. We don't stop this step forward in our relationship until we hear the door open. Sonny quickly jumps off of me but I can tell by Nick's stupid grin he saw enough. "We're leaving in 10 to get Ariel, Benson wants you both there." He says. He goes to turn around but stops and adds on "but I can tell her you're too busy if you'd rather stay here."

"Shut up Nick!" I roll my eyes and snarl at him as he walks away shutting the door behind him.

Sonny and I ignore what just happened and quickly go to our lockers to change out of our sting clothes, me going to the restroom to change. I begin pulling the eyelashes off of my eyelid as I walk to the car. As we speed off to the old garage address Timmer gave us, I wipe at the glitter eyeshadow with the sleeve of my jacket. Benson calls out directions for us as we get closer, not wanting to wait any longer moving in. "Go! Go! Go!" Benson yells out after the door to the garage is busted down.

"Where is Ariel?" Finn calls out walking into the first room.

Amaro calls into the air "NYPD!"

"No, no, please, don't!" I hear a faint cry. "Please don't"

Carisi lowers his gun and goes over to her "Okay, take it easy.I got you."

"Please, no, please." She pleads as she's chained to a pole in the room.

I try and encourage her to calm down as well "It's all right, you're okay.You're okay.You're safe. You're safe."

"Over there." I hear someone shout.

Someone yells back, maybe Nick "Hey, I need an ambulance!"

A few moments later we all meet up in the main hall now that the girls we found are with officers. "So far, three girls, all in bad shape." Finn explains.

"No sign of Ariel?" I ask.

Just then we hear a scream "let go of me! Someone help! Please help!" We all begin to engage towards the noise. "Let go of me! Stop it!"

We bust open another door and Benson hollers "Hey! Put your hands up."

Johnny D puts Ariel close to his chest and rests a piece of glass against her neck. "Let her go." I yell at him with my gun aimed at his head.

"Drop the glass." Amaro encourages.

Johnny D breathes heavily with thoughts racing in his head. "Drop it now!" Carisi yells.

"Drop the glass." Benson encourages. "Johnny D, it's over, all right? Hey. Let her go."

"This is the girl you want?" Johnny D laughs at us, as Ariel struggles against him. "Say good-bye."

"You kill her, you die too." Finn answers him "is she really worth it?"

"Let her go." I urge again, as he debates what Finn said.

"I want my lawyer." He demands.

"Drop the glass." Benson responds. He throws it down and Ariel runs towards us.

"Hands against the door." I hear someone direct and I catch Ariel in my arms as she basically collapses into an emotional heap.

I sit in the waiting room for Benson and she comes out of Ariel's room about 30 minutes after going in. "She's awake now and with her mom. They'll be okay." Benson addresses me as I stand up next to her. "That was a tough one." She adds on looking at me with a sideways glance.

"It was, I'm just glad we got her alive. It's not always a good ending." I return.

"That it isn't." She agrees "Let's get back."

When Benson and I get back to the precinct Sonny is already gone and Finn is typing a report up. We make our way into a holding cell where Amanda and Declan are already talking. Once the door shuts, Declan addresses us "guess you found your girl."

"We did." I semi smile.

"How is she?" He asks.

Benson shakes her head a bit "bruising, fractured ribs. That'll heal. The rest, though.."

She trails off but Declan finishes "One can only pray."

"So we took your man down." Benson tells him.

I elaborate on what happened "we found him in his lair with four sex slaves as prisoners. He'll be going away for life, for federal charges."

"Maybe." Declan responds. "He's trafficked for over 20 years, no paper trail, not a single arrest. Do not turn your back on him."

"Can you come in from the cold now?" Amanda asks him.

"You want me back in charge that badly?" He asks.

I hide a snort and Amanda sings out a "hmm."

He says back "Johnny D. was the king. For the time being, he's out of commission. That makes me the heir apparent." He looks to Benson "the gun charge. You should be ashamed of yourselves for the illegal search. It'll get dropped. I'll be back out on the streets in no time." He looks at all of us now "and every trafficker in the northeast will be kissing my ring. So make it look good."

"Cuffs?" Benson asks.

"By the book." He assures "till we meet again." He stands putting his hands behind his back as Amanda moves to cuff him. "You have a good team here. Take care of yourselves." He tells Benson.

"You too, Declan." She says back and Amanda and I take him out of the room to booking.