8: End Game

There's a knock on the door and Sonny answers it, "Hey. You must be Carmen." He smiles towards her.

"Hi." She shyly says back to him.

"Hi. Come on in." He moves aside to let her in. "Come in." He touches her hair as she walks past him. He locks the top lock on the door, "You're so pretty." He says to her.

"He's playing the role, alright." I mutter under my breathe to Amanda as we watch the TV from the connecting room.

He asks the girl, "so, what are you gonna do for me?"

She answers back in a small voice, broken English, "whatever you want. Massage is 200."

He gets closer to her, "massage? That's a joke, right? I didn't call you for a massage."

He goes in to grab her arms, "just tell me what you want."

"Oh, yeah, that's better." She begins to fight him, "I like the ones who struggle." He keeps his hands on her wrists.

"Please don't hurt me!" She begs. "Please don't!" She tries to run for the door.

"Where are you going? No, no, no." He blocks her as she tries to run her out. The girl runs into the bathroom scared, seeing no way around him. We switch the channel to get the other screen up.

"I like it rough." He spits to her, "that's what I want. You can't do that, you find someone who can. Because this ain't what I'm paying for, baby." The girl takes out her phone in a rush to dial who we all hope is Selena, "Yeah, get out your phone." He yells to her. She drops it on the ground, and Sonny keeps his creepy John facade up, "pick up that phone! Pick up that phone and call somebody right now!"

"Selena?" The girl cries out into the phone.

There's a knock on the door a mere thirty minutes later and Sonny moves to answer it. We see from our camera feed it's a male and a women. We let it play out. "Whoa, whoa." Sonny backs up, his hands in the air, "I just wanted a new girl. You sent me the virgin Maria." He says to the man holding a gun to his face,  both his hands up in surrender position knowing he's not in control yet, even with us right next door.

"Carmen." Selena comes into the room looking for her working girl.

"You know what? Forget it. We don't gotta do this." Sonny shakes his head.

Selena yells at him, "you hurt my girl. You need to pay."

He nods, "okay. No problem, ma'am. No problem. Lower the gun. We're all friends." He keeps them all focused on him. "Nobody needs to get hurt here."

Fin rushes in from the front and I kick the side door I'm behind open. I yell out, "hands in the air!" as I walk in and quickly kick the gun away from the man on the floor that Fin took care of.

Fin comments out, "this one's done."

I move forward, keeping my gun trained on Selena, "she's my cousin. I was trying to help." She tries to lie her way out of this.

"Yeah, save it, sister." I spit back, "let's go." I wave in an officer to handcuff her "Come here." The officer takes her away and Amanda goes to Carmen.

"Luna give us anything more?" I ask as we all sit around the television a few hours later. Amanda clicks a few things after Barba handed her something to plug in and we wait. He goes on to explain , "Tenancingo is the epicenter for sex trafficking in Mexico. Pimping is their main industry. It is a very poor village, shack after shack after shack. Except for these mansions." He clicks over, "they're five stories high, turreted, gates. Pagoda rooftops."

"I spoke to a federal task force looking into this. The traffickers make so much money, they build these huge houses. Their mothers live there, a few guards, and the children." Amanda elaborates to us.