15: Drinking Buddies

"So, what's it like working in New York?" Morgan asks us once we sit down at the table and order drinks.

"There's never a dull moment!" Sonny tells him. "We just closed a case on a producer who's been rapin' young girl for years. Took him down on a law no one but a lawyer would know about." He tells him, tells all of them

"So, you think it's better than the BAU?" Morgan asks, taking a sip of the beer that was just placed down and eyeing me with a devilish grin.

Sonny looks to me as he sips his beer to answer "Now, I never officially worked at the BAU so how would I know?" I tease back.

"You were interning for a few months while in training." Spencer reminds me "that's when we met." He adds on awkwardly like he usually does.

I smile looking down into my drink "yes, but it wasn't really a job, I did more learning than working." I remind the two of them.

"Alright, alright you two. Sonny, how long have you been at special victims?" Morgan asks him changing the subject much to my happiness.

"About 3 months, I started a few weeks after Madison did." He tells them.

I add on "he was bounced around 3 different bureaus before landing in Manhattan! I'm pretty sure you're still on probation." I remind him smiling, taking a sip from my glass of wine while squinting at him.

"I don't think they'd send a detective to a seminar if they were planning on shipping me to another precinct." He argues "Besides, you'd never let that happen, would you Grey?" He asks.

"Never" I say sarcastically. "Speaking of letting things happen." I look back to Morgan "how did you manage to make sure I was assigned to this training Morgan?" I push him, knowing it was him. He keeps his face on mine with a grin and doesn't answer so I keep pushing "come on, give it up!" I push further.

His eyes avert to behind Sonny and I and his smile grows wide "I had some help." He tells us.

I look back and find myself laughing when I meet the eyes of Penelope coming towards us "I should've known." My smile is wide and I stand up to greet her "Hey Penelope!!!" I squeeze her as hard as we hug.

"Are you mad?" She asks once we part "I didn't want to get involved in their game but I did want to see you, please say you're not mad. I can't stand it if you were, then I would be anxious and when I get anxious I ---"

I stop her from her rant "I'm not mad, I can't be mad at you!" I confess.

"Oh good!" She exhales.

"Hey, Babygirl." Morgan waves his fingers to her.

Spencer sits up taller "you're involved in this now Penelope, watch your back, you know what I'm capable of."

"Oh, come on Spencer, give her a break! She missed me!" I say to him sitting back down and pouting at him, hoping they don't involve Penelope in their little prank war.

"Whose this vanilla latte with cream?" She asks once she see's Sonny. Her bright pink lips are spread wide apart in a smile "Hi, I'm Penelope Garcia, but you can call me.." She bites her lower lip and eyes him up and down while reaching her hand out "whatever you like." She finally says as he reaches back across the table to shake it.

"Dominick Carisi Jr, call me Sonny. It's nice to meet you, do you work at the BAU as well?" He asks her with wide eyes.

"She's the brains and the beauty behind everything." Morgan gushes over his best friend.

"I'm just the geek." She pushes him and tells Sonny.

"So you managed to get Madison here using your geeky ways? You do have brains and beauty." He compliments her with a wink "but I'm not sure I follow why?" He admits.