5: Getting Somewhere

"Maddison!" Declan calls me into his office, "we have a match on a baby boy doe, it's Ellie's son. I want you in with Olivia when we tell her." He driects me without even looking up.

"Okay." I say back, "want us to go in now?" I ask him.

"Call her lawyer, he should be there. We're gonna try again to get her to turn on Lil' Tino." He directs of me.

"Okay." I say again, leaving to call Trevor.

"Hey Trevor. Its Maddison with SVU. Yah, Hi." I listen as he asks me how I am, "I'm good, look we need to to talk to Ellie again, can you come in?"

"Again? She's not going to change her mind, I tried." He returns back to me.

"Just come in, we have one more card up our sleeve." I inform without giving away to much.

"Any chance you'll share some of your secrets with me over a dinner?" He asks bluntly.

I'm sort of taken a back by his brasenness but coyly reply, "we'll see how this interview goes" and hang up before he could say anything further.

An hour later he's here with Ellie and waiting in the interrogation room. "You called Langan?" Olivia asks shocked once she see's him in there.

"We can't talk to her without her lawyer present. She's invoked." Declan reminds her.

"We're just telling her that A.C.S. has her son." She says, "not that she's gonna care" Her eyes roll.

"She might." He replies. He looks at me with the folder in my hand "show her the baby's photo. See if that motivates her to testify against Tino."

Olivia and I walk in together, sitting down like we did the day before.

I drop the photo on the table and push it forward. She quickly grabs it and scoots it closer to herself, "Oh my God, he's alive. Is Noah alive?" She exclaims.

"How long has it been since you've seen him?" I ask her.

"Before Christmas, last year." She responds, her eyes clued to the photo.

Olivia pushes, "and why did you get rid of him?"

"I didn't. I O.D.'ed. The holidays are tough for me. And when I got back, they told me that Noah had died." She tells us all, her body still shaking from withdrawl.

"Who's "they?" I question.

"I can't." She simply says back, shaking and keeping her eyes averted from everyone in the room.

"So the baby's father is Little Tino?" Olivia asks her.

"No, I don't know who the father is. I was working when I got pregnant." She answers back.

I ask, "so when the baby was born, little Tino said that you could keep him?"

She answers, "as long as I kept working."

"Who looked after the baby?" I ask, looking to her then to Trevor.

"Tino's mom. She ran a daycare facility at her house. She's very good with kids." Ellie tries to tell us.

Olivia quickly jumps on her comment, "good with kids? Then why did she give Noah to a pornographer?"

"What?" Ellie asks. I ask the same question in my own head, not knowing this fact before coming in here.

"I found Noah when I arrested a couple who also had three underage kids that they were using for child rape videos." She says with disdain in her voice.

"A couple? Oh my God. A long-haired guy, heavy, in a wheelchair?" She asks.

"What, you know him?" She asks.