27: Poor Girls

We spend the next few days getting ready for an undercover sting on a sex trafficking ring. It's finally the night of the sting and we sit in the vans ready to move. "Benson, Grey and Rollins on Howard street." Benson says into the radio. "Party in progress. Street is quiet. What do you have on Lafayette?"

Finn responds back, sitting in with Amaro "car 1, all quiet here. Still freezing our nuts off."

Another office responds "funny, it's 70 degrees in Balmy a block west on Crosby."

"I'm not asking for a weather report, guys." Benson tells them, wanting the radio clear.

Rollins utters out "Carisi hasn't moved in 20 minutes." We watch from the van with his point of view. He has a pair of glasses on with a camera in them.

"I'll goose him." I respond, pulling out my phone to text him. I send him 'Is that all you can look at?" I tease him, having eyes inside on him. He reads the message and texts back.

"Carisi says girls are on their way." I say to Benson who relays the message. I leave the part of his text that read "not really my type."

A few moments pass when Finn gets on the radio "I got a minivan with blacked out windows."

I call out what I see as they pull up and get out "minivan, two in the front."

Benson is the first to notice "wait a minute. We know this woman. That's Selena. We got her son out of Mexico."

Rollins respond "she's back to doing what she knows." I shake my head, pissed we helped her and she just went back to his life. It was a slap in the face.

"Fin, Amaro, all units. The female handler is known to us." Benson directs. "We'll have to secure her before she gets upstairs."

"Copy that." Amaro calls back. "Targets are in position on Howard street."

"Copy that." The third car answers.

"We'll get the girls, you go up" Benson explains and we move out. All of our cars pull up quickly as we run out of our van and head towards Selena. "NYPD! Let's go!" I say into the cold New York air loud enough for everyone to hear.

"Ladies, hands up. Hands up, you know the drill." Rollins and I go for the young girls first, not wanting any to split up.

"Come on, get your hands up. You know the drill, come on." I direct, starting to move them away from the house.

I stay with the 5 girls we arrested until their defense attorney comes. I hang out outside the interrogation room just watching, feeling every kind of sorry for the lives they've been forced to live. Some time passes before Rollins comes in to tell me "that madam we arrested went U.C. for 3 years on her own to get her daughter back."

"That's a lot of dedication." I tell her, still staring ahead. Most of the girls are dazed, and unfazed by the arrest that happened tonight. Showing how all too common of a occurrence it is in their life.

Rollins shrugs from next to me "or she's lying. Finn and Benson are on their way with her right now to her apartment."

"Hmm" I hum out, not really having anything else to add on to the conversation.

Finn sends us a video of the wall the women has put together and the three of us begin to work on recreating it using our own tools and information at hand. By the time Barba gets to our office, we have the complete run down. He looks over the information, eyeing the board of evidence and links. "So, this woman was pretending to be a sex trafficker. That's a new defense."

"But the Toronto police confirmed that her daughter Ariel went missing three years ago." I tell him, starting to believe this women.

"Police suspected her boyfriend at the time of Brian Marks." Aamaro explains, going further into detail for him "he was a pot dealer."