Chapter 24

~Zoey's POV~

Nilesy nods, but Strippin, Benji, and I are still in disbelief. "I'm pretty much the same, other than my temper. Also, I can freeze people and objects by touching them, which we discovered the hard way." Martyn says, glancing at Toby. The brunette pulls up his sleeve, showing us the pale, almost white skin on his arm. "He freaked out the first time and grabbed my arm, luckily another elf was able to help. But my arm never unfroze." Toby explains, pulling back down his sleeve. We watch in silence, and Martyn backs slightly away from the rest of us. He raises his hand, palm upward. Before my eyes, ice shoots from his palm, into the air, bursting outward. It looks beautiful. I clap, and Martyn jokingly bows. "Come on, royals. Martyn will have to stay here, but Lomadia and Xephos know me. I'll take you to Blackrock. I have a sneaking suspicion Rythian and Seta will be there." Toby says. Martyn walks away, toward his tent, and Strippin and Benji follow Toby into the forest. With a quick glance at Nilesy, the two of us join the procession.

~Rythian's POV~

We teleport to a small house in the backstreets of Springfeld. Seta runs inside, and I hesitantly follow, Joakim right behind me. When we enter the room, I see a blond boy, and Seta smiles. "Sometimes, people can be very gullible," she says, smiling, "And other times, its not who you expect." I scan the room, and the only people there are Seta and Lalna, who is bound to a chair and frowning.

"I am not gullible, getting knocked unconscious and carried here is not gullibility." Lalna protests, making me smile. "Cool it, Your Highness. I seem to be in a better position to get revenge than you right now, so I advise that you are quiet." I pull out my katar, and Lalna gulps but says no more. Seta smiles, snapping her fingers. A moment later, Lalna is behind me, and my hands are tied. I stare at Seta, and she smiles. "Cool trick, huh? You never experienced being on the other side of it?" I frown, and two guards materialize behind the girl, bowing. "Do you wish for us to take him to Blackrock now Princess Rosie?" She nods, and The guards approach me. I was tricked by Lalna's sister! I can't believe I didn't realize. I only hope that Toby knew it was her...

The guards take me to the castle by horseback. When we arrive, I am taken to the throne room, where a familiar group of people stand. Up front in Xephos, of course, but he has Sips and Sjin to his side. Off to the side of the room, staring at me in shock, is Zoey, Strippin, Benji, and Nilesy. Toby is with them, a knowing look on his face. He did know it was Rosie, after all. But he was too late to warn me. I see a figure join them, and I smile. Joakim must not have known, then, either. I'm not the only one making mistakes. Xephos clears his throat, and I turn back to look at him. He looks very angry, but smiles as Lalna joins him and Rosie walks over to Lomadia and Nano, who are on the other side of the room from my friends. "I hear from the princess that you were talking without permission. You know, my guard meant well when he gave you that warning. But I guess I'll have to go through with my bargain. Bring in Minty, please." He says the last part to a guard behind me, and I hear footsteps going away from me. Two pairs return, and a familiar blond doctor kneels in front of me. "Rythian, what have you gotten yourself into?" She asks, turning to Xephos. "Can I take him to the ward? There are some younger children here." She says. Xephos nods his consent, and Minty takes my bound hands, leading me to her very familiar mini hospital.

She locks the door behind her and leads me to the operating table. "Sit down, Rythian." She says, and I comply. "Listen. I have to do a little surgery, or Xephos would get suspicious. You will be able to talk again, but not for about a year. You cannot tell anyone that fact, especially Zoey. Understand?" I nod, and she looks at my mask. I sigh and remove it, quickly placing an enchantment on it before handing it to Minty, who smiles. She points to the table, and I lay down as she places my mask on a side table. "You won't be able to make a noise, Rythian, but I must do this. Please, forgive me." Minty says, placing a cloth over my mouth and nose. I take a breath, and the chemicals fill my lungs, putting me into a deep sleep.

I open my eyes and sit up, and Minty smiles. I am hugged from behind, and I feel my shirt getting wet. I force my attacker to let go, and I spin around, facing Zoey. I open my mouth to say something, but nothing happens, so I just close it again. Minty hands me a black cloth, and I tie my mask back on, thankful for the cover. Zoey has tears running down her cheeks, so I reach forward, wiping them away. "You'll never be able to talk again, Rythian. I'm so sorry. I got you into this mess." She says as she cries. I shake my head and pull her to me, tears forming in my eyes as well. I turn to Minty, and she shakes her head, frowning. "Come on. My father and the others want to see you. Apparently, if you can't talk to me, you can be my bodyguard again." Well, there's one good thing about this. Zoey takes my hand and pulls me off the table, and Minty waves as I am pulled out of the ward, down the hall, and into the throne room.

I'm sorry? I have no clue how Seta ended up as Rosie, soooo... Until next time, Seeya?

~Rain