Chapter 31

When I arrive at the campsite, Martyn and Toby are waiting. Toby helps me carry Zoey to the tent, while Martyn looks on, most likely wishing he could help. He is constantly walking around, and I notice that the ground starts icing over if he stands still too long. InthelittleFrost. Poor guy, at least spring will be soon. After Zoey is lying in one of the beds, Martyn, Toby, and I sit on the logs around their campfire. How many times have I sat here in a terrible situation. When I was tied up because I didn't remember Martyn and Toby, then when I had Zoey tied up. When Xephos had me tied up again. The countless times Lalna found me. I shake my head, trying to get rid of the thoughts. Too many bad memories. Instead, I try to focus on the good ones. Toby and I playing around the camp. Me introducing Zoey to Martyn and Toby, the smirk Toby wore as he bowed to me. These two risking their lives to help me. It seems I'm in debt to everyone by now. I have no clue how I'll repay them.

"RYTHIAN!!!!" Toby yells, snapping me back into reality. I nod, showing I'm listening, and Toby smiles. "You zoned out, Rythian. We were just talking about what to do. I'm pretty sure you've already come to the conclusion that its not safe for you to stay here." Martyn says. I nod. Definitely realized that. "We have two options. Get to Nilesy's kingdom and get you two married, or somehow find someone and have a private marriage here. Either way, once you two kiss, the curse will be broken, and you'll be safe around Xephos." I nod slowly. "The sooner we end the prophecy, the better. The only problem is the vows. If you can't talk, you can't say 'I do', and I don't know what we'll do without the 'I do.'" Toby says. Martyn laughs. "That made no sense, friend!" He exclaims. Toby shrugs. "That's what I'm here for." He comments. I crack a smile as they laugh. After a while, the two finally get back to business. "Rythian, what do you think?" I just shrug, and they sigh. "Zoey is one of the people involved, and Rythian doesn't seem to care all that much, so let's just wait for her to wake up, and she can decide what happens." Martyn finally says. I nod again, and Toby changes the subject. The two boys just talk about random things, and my thoughts drift back to Lalna. He's on our side? Does that mean Sips and Sjin are with us as well?

Martyn is starting to make some small sandwiches when Zoey stumbles out of the tent. "Rythian!" She exclaims, running over to me. "I had a horrible dream. You were mute, and my father put you in prison, and then Lalna stabbed me..." She trails off as she realizes where we are. "That was just a dream, right?" She asks, her eyes filled with hope. I shake my head, carefully pulling up her sleeve to show her the bandage. She sighs, sinking down on the log next to me. "Rythian, I wish it was all a dream. I miss your voice. I want you to be okay, but you're not, and its all my fault." She whispers the last part, looking down. I shake my head, but she can't see me. I only wish I could tell her that it isn't her fault, that I deserved it. That I'd do anything for her. I even open my mouth, then silently sigh as Toby and Martyn come over. Martyn puts a hand on Zoey's shoulder, and she looks up again. "Zoey, Rythian would do anything for you, I can tell. He would die if it meant keeping you safe, he nearly has multiple times. I know he wishes he could tell you that, but he can't because he was trying to keep you safe from your own father. Now then," he says, turning to look at me as well as Zoey, "about the wedding."

Martyn and Toby sit down across from Zoey and I, and Toby fills Zoey in on what they were thinking. "So, Zoey, what do you think? A small wedding in Nilesy's kingdom, or a smaller wedding here?" Martyn asks. Zoey looks up at me, and I shrug. She thinks about it for a while, then groans. "I don't actually know! Can I think about it for a little while?" She finally asks. I smile, and Martyn and Toby laugh. "Sure," Martyn concedes. "You can think it over and tell us what you think tomorrow. Rythian said it didn't really matter, so its up to you." At that, he stands, walking over to a tree. I watch as the log he was sitting on slowly defrosts, back to normal. Martyn jumps in the tree, waving. "Its getting kinda late, so I'm going to retire for the night. Byeeee!!" He exclaims, disappearing. "I'm with Martyn." Toby says, standing. "Se you tomorrow." He walks into one of the two tents, closing the flap tightly. "Goodnight, Rythian." Zoey says, standing. She goes into the last tent, waving before disappearing. I put my head in my hands. What will happen next? My life is full of suspense. I feel like Zoey is wondering if Nilesy and the others will come to the wedding, and if their attendance depends on where the wedding is hosted. I know that Zoey will probably end up choosing Nilesy's kingdom, but you never know. With her mind, we could have it anywhere.

So sorry for the wait! I'm kinda curious, where do you think the wedding should be held? (Totally not asking because I have no clue.) Tell me in the comments below if the wedding should be in Nilesy's kingdom or the forest, and who should and shouldn't attend. I want to see what you guys think should happen! Until next time, Seeya!

~Rain