Chapter 16

~Rythian's POV~

~3 months later~

Today is a day I have been dreading since my feelings for her became evident. Zoey's 18th birthday, the day she chooses her husband. Well, she can take as long as she wants, but whenever she chooses, the wedding is the next day. That is what I'm truly dreading, her marriage. Because I will no longer be needed, and I'll be sent back to the streets. Back to where I belong. And I will most likely be caught again, my mark discovered, and back to the slave trade I go. I hope Zoey takes her time, knowing her, she will. I just hope that I am able to stay as long as possible.

I close my journal as Zoey runs through my door, locking it behind her. I turn away from my desk and smile, and she surprises me by pulling off my mask. I reach for it with one hand, covering my face with the other, but she shakes her head and softly pushes my hand down, exposing my mouth. "Rythian, I like your scars. They suit you." She says. I raise an eyebrow but say nothing. "What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be getting your dress?" She collapses on my bed, her head in the covers. "That's why I'm here. I don't want to get married to any of the princes!" She exclaims, raising her head so her words are clear. "Who are your choices?" I ask. She groans and lists them, counting on her fingers. "Lalna, Nilesy, Strippin, Benji, Sips, and Sjin." She says. Duncan, Liam, Sam, Chris, Paul... Lewis told me their names yesterday, other than Benji, for some reason. "I'm only 18! I don't want to get married! Especially not to some man I'll have just met!" She exclaims, throwing her hands in the air to exaggerate her point. "Well you already know Lalna..." I say quietly. She hears me and falls silent, and I turn away, looking out the window. I feel arms around my waist as Zoey enbraces me. "Remember what I said when you were in that coma?" She asks, her voice barely a whisper. I nod, still avoiding her eyes." Well that is still true. I don't want to marry a prince because I want you. I love you, Rythian." She says. I spin around as another voice fills the room, cackling. "And that, my darling, is why Rythian must leave ahead of schedule."

Okay, I know you are probably wondering where I went for a week, so let me explain. I was grounded from everything electronic since last Sunday. I was in the middle of writing this chapter when my mom took my stuff, so I just quickly finished it so I could have something for you guys. I will most likely not be updating until I get my laptop, I am currently on my phone. I hope you all will bear with me, and until next time, Seeya!

~Rain 🌈